Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1098 s with the full system and computer. What is the best way to fine tune? Pcv or othe device?

·
Registered
360 Posts
What ecu are you running?

Just did a tune on my 1198sp (DP ecu that came with the full system) with a pcv and some dyno runs. Modest gains in power and nothing significant in torque. Improved fueling across the range.

Point being - I think the DP ecu is fairly well tuned. Would love to hear other opinions though. Any others?

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I do not believe the PCV is officially supported on the 1098. I believe it is PC3usb. At any case, I have the PC3usb, QS, DP ECU, Full Termi, etc. and had mine tuned and it was a small difference, but some areas smoothed out for sure.
PC3usb unable to tune ignition, but only A/F, still able to accomplish a lot.

Other more expensive but more feature rich options should be Microtec or Nemesis I'd imagine.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
I believe you have a 5AM ECU on your bike. If so, get in touch with a member of this site, Richard Collins, posts under name PUNCH.
With his help you can tune both cylinders to your riding style.

You'll need the following:
Connection cable:
GuzziDiag Cable Interface Lead
BE SURE AND USE THEIR DRIVERS, AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS

O2 Wideband sensor and controller:
LC-2 Wideband O2 Digital Air/fuel Ratio Controller
(for faster testing, buy 2, one for each cylinder)

Data Logging Software that works with the Innovate LC2:
Diagnostic ECU Marelli

Diagnostic software, test sensor's, reset service indicator and READ to backup your current map, and WRITE to flash a revised map to your ECU
GuzziDiag / IAWDiag

Reactions: juan1

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe you have a 5AM ECU on your bike. If so, get in touch with a member of this site, Richard Collins, posts under name PUNCH.
With his help you can tune both cylinders to your riding style.

You'll need the following:
Connection cable:
GuzziDiag Cable Interface Lead
BE SURE AND USE THEIR DRIVERS, AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS

O2 Wideband sensor and controller:
LC-2 Wideband O2 Digital Air/fuel Ratio Controller
(for faster testing, buy 2, one for each cylinder)

Data Logging Software that works with the Innovate LC2:
Diagnostic ECU Marelli

Diagnostic software, test sensor's, reset service indicator and READ to backup your current map, and WRITE to flash a revised map to your ECU
GuzziDiag / IAWDiag
After u buy all that one major thing DO NOT HOOK UP THE LEADS TO THE BATTERY BACKWARDS ?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
After u buy all that one major thing DO NOT HOOK UP THE LEADS TO THE BATTERY BACKWARDS ?
Just to make not that mistake, cutoff the black wire, it's not needed and makes you can't make that mistake. The reverse connecting will blow up the diagnostics port of the ecu.

And if you did that, the rescue is to take a superseal, make a black wire to the center pin, other end to the ground of the bike, and put it in the diagnostic plug.

·
Registered
89 Posts
1198S PCV tune

I don't know if you can put a PCV on a 1098 but I had excellent results with a custom PCV dyno tune on top of the already installed full Termi system with Termi race ECU. Picked up some HP/TQ(especially low end) and low end smoothness. Dyno Graph below shows before and after PCV tuning of AFR's over the Termi Race ECU tune. Dyno tech removed the small 02 sensor bungs, replaced them with large wide band 02 bungs and tuned every fuel cell of the the two cylinders individually with Dynojet's enhanced Tuning Link software. Amazing difference on the road. Substantially improved throttle response/acceleration from any rpm and even smoothed out low rpm around town cruising. Substantial low end torque improvement. One of the best mod's I made on this bike. Mort

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts