Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s got intake and termi pipes. Power commander and dyno tune. A handful of clutch upgrades and carbon lighten parts. Thinking steering stabilizer. Any thoughts ? I heard ohlins was good but I’ve always been partial to Scott’s.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have both styles on all of my bikes. I honestly prefer the rotary style (Scott, GPR, etc) since they offer separate valving for high and low speed damping.

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What’s the cost on all of those and would you only buy new or is second hand good too?

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Scott's setups are in the mid $400s and the Ohlins/Ducabike rig is usually in the low $400s. The only thing I don't care for about the Scott's on this bike is how the damper changes the bar height however ProTaper now offers a Damper-Low bend set of fat bars which make up for the change. That of course forces you to buy a set of $80 bars which makes the Scott's setup cost that much more.
You could go ahead and buy the Ducabike mount and then look around for a deal on an Ohlins damper for the most cost effective and adequately performing setup. This also assumes you have had your suspension properly set up for your weight and riding style. In most cases a damper is nothing more than a band aide for poor suspension setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts