Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased an 03 749 with a bit of a mystery history. The local shop is checking it over now, and it came with no original manual, receipts or paperwork... In the future, I am hoping to do much if not all the required maintenance myself. Anyone have experience with a good shop manual for these bikes?

I've been searching but coming up completely dry so far.

I'm also looking for a list of important and bike-specific tools required.

Lastly, anyone own a rear or front Adige stand for these? The rear appears like it might cradle the swingarm really well, and at least in photos it just looks really smartly designed. I need a better, more secure stand interface than the pitbull that came with it. My daughter is around the bike and I can't have it falling over!

Thanks,

hdh

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just purchased an 03 749 with a bit of a mystery history. The local shop is checking it over now, and it came with no original manual, receipts or paperwork... In the future, I am hoping to do much if not all the required maintenance myself. Anyone have experience with a good shop manual for these bikes?

I've been searching but coming up completely dry so far.

I'm also looking for a list of important and bike-specific tools required.

Lastly, anyone own a rear or front Adige stand for these? The rear appears like it might cradle the swingarm really well, and at least in photos it just looks really smartly designed. I need a better, more secure stand interface than the pitbull that came with it. My daughter is around the bike and I can't have it falling over!

Thanks,

hdh
I've seen a lot of guys mention this website: http://www.duc.nu/ or ebay

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
yes be wary of a pit bull stand with paddles,seems they are not well designed.i fabbed up my own stand so i can't reccomend one.someone on ebay sells the factory service manual thats been copied for a reasonable price.its the best way to go .desmotimes seems the popular second choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts