Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hearing all kinds of stuff. Thinking about getting a motor from Section8 superbike that is supposedly blueprinted.

Are these guys and their motors any good?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't know about their motors but their customer service is excellent. I've bought a number of parts from them (mail order).

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
CheatingOnMyR1 said:
I'm hearing all kinds of stuff. Thinking about getting a motor from Section8 superbike that is supposedly blueprinted.

Are these guys and their motors any good?
Section8Superbike is top notch, one of the top 5 ducati service/dealer in US, at least in my opinion! They do alot of motor/bike serivce, go for it. :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Get everything in writing.

Get everything in writing from them...I'm currently having major issues with section8

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
sbmotohead said:
Get everything in writing from them...I'm currently having major issues with section8
SB, that sucks, what happened?

·
Registered
77 Posts
duc_748 said:
SB, that sucks, what happened?
He ordered the incorrect colored saddle bags (the ones he wanted were not in stock in Italy), knowing they were not the right ones and is upset that we will not return them. All of our invoices and our website clearly state that we do not accept returns on special order parts. We may have been more inclined to exchange them for the correct color and absorbed the cost of the saddlebags but he was extreemy rude, left voice messages laced with profanity and abused my people. When we are dealt with I this manner we have no problem quoting policies and sticking to them.

I will not be posting any more on this matter, it has already taken too much of the shops time and at this point I can't spend any more of our customers time dealing with such a clear cut situation.

And on the motor subject, we build lots of motors and have an army of more than satisfied customers.......and a lot of HP

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow, "laced w/profanity", if "..please call me back" is profane then I suppose one could say that. I believe that shutting down communication is dismissive and arrogant. I'm willing to be completely transparent in my dealings and open to discussion and resolution. I think it's revealing to see in their own words how quickly they are willing to walk away from a customer service situation and fall back on policy. When it comes to their word against yours guess who wins?

Bottom Line -

To believe Section8's story you would have to believe :

1. Somebody that pays $15,000 for a red motorcycle would experiment with orange bags to see it they are "close enough" that nobody would notice. Would you ever do this?

2. Somebody would Special Order ANYTHING that wasn't perfectly suited to the application. Would you ever do this?

To believe my side you would have to believe :

1. Somebody made a mistake. Could you see this happening?

Regardless of explanation, a paying customer is left holding the bag(s) and customer service is now "...taken too much of the shops (sic) time". People will draw their own conclusions.

I only hope these things don't happen to others. I posted this so that all vendors and providers appreciate us as consumers and don't discount the power we have as a group.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had great service. I talked with Bill (co-owner), i believe on the phone for 2 hours and eventually bought a bike from them because of the great service, great setup, great deal and i think even the price came out lower if i had purchased it here in california.

I would recommend going to them for any of your ducati needs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yah, you know what? I've bought other stuff from section8 and everything was great. The only difference is on this last occasion there was a problem and all of a sudden things changed.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have never dealt with Section 8, but typically from what I have seen here on the forum, there reputation seems to be pretty good. I can talk from experience that I have dealt with Motowheels and have been EXTREEMLY pleased!!!! (www.motowheels.com)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts