Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If the price performance ratio is a relevant criteria: Which is the best allround rear shock absorber for the 748/916/996/998 series (still) available on the market?

Thanks a lot for your comments.

·
Super Moderator
8,185 Posts
Öhlins..

The reason is that they have been the best for a long time, which means that most (all) suspension service tech´s know them and how to dial and service them.

//amullo

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for your replies... :)

Which Öhlins rear shock would you recommend or is there just one version?

What other rear shocks are avaible for the 748/916/996/998 series?

As far as I know there seems to be Showa, White Power, Wilbers, Sachs-Boge, Öhlins, Bitubo and Penske. Anything else?

To be a little bit more precise about my question: The focus should be on a rear shock for a biposto that shall be driven on the road by "average joe".

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I went for Ohlins because; They are proven, all suspension repair centres know them (and stock parts etc) and they are widely available, even on ebay etc - I bought mine used (but as new), got it serviced/overhauled for significantly less than a new one.

I've heard on this boad that the Penske are good but here (England) you don't see them so backup/knowledge is probably not there either.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks a lot for your replies... :)

Which Öhlins rear shock would you recommend or is there just one version?
You can choose an OEM version or a "racing" version with high and low hydraulic speed. For road only or road/track, OEM version is perfect...

But choose the correct shock for your bike, 748/916/996/998 fitting, but the hydraulics are not the same. A specilalist can change it and give you the perfect fitting to your bike. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts