Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need to replace a few stock parts for my 2006 749s... any experience with vendors, stores, etc. I'm trying to avoid full retail.

I was able to replace a bunch of stock parts on a track Honda 600 RR for about 65% of the retail cost (35% OFF) through a wholesaler I found online (years ago). I'm looking for something like this for Ducati. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Need to replace a few stock parts for my 2006 749s... any experience with vendors, stores, etc. I'm trying to avoid full retail.

I was able to replace a bunch of stock parts on a track Honda 600 RR for about 65% of Retail cost through a wholesaler I found online (years ago). I'm looking for something like this for Ducati. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks
If you find someone who's selling within 30% of 65% off let me know and I'll get my parts there too! :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If you find someone who's selling within 30% of 65% off let me know and I'll get my parts there too! :D
Read carefully... 65% of retail, not 65% OFF retail.

In other words 35% off retail. And it was for Honda, not Ducati. If you have a source, maybe you could spit it out (but I'm not feeling too confident).

I notice your site has some extreme pricing... lol.

I don't think I've ever seen these go for even close to that high of a price. I could give you three sources that sell these for 3600!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
797 Posts
I'd suggest talking with the parts manager of your local dealer or two and see what kind of discount you can get on a consistent basis. I would love to find a Ducati dealer anywhere in north America to give me even 25% off, I'd start buying parts from them exclusively. Presently I get only 15% off at my dealer.
Ducati dealers are not like Honda dealers or Kawasaki or Suzuki dealers. Sorry, if you find one that offers a blanket discount lower than 15% for "Joe Public" let us all know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but on the subject of OEM parts. Does anybody have a source for the OEM turn signal connectors? I have looked and just can't seem to locate them.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Try Gotham Cycles. They're a sponsor of the board, and happen to be in my city. Its my next-door neighbor's brother that owns it.

http://www.gothamcycles.com

They basically are a Ducati parts warehouse. If you don't see it on their website, just email them anyway. Mike is the guy's name.

·
Registered
436 Posts
GOOD LUCK finding a dealer who sell oem ducati parts for 35% discount

I was able to replace a bunch of stock parts on a track Honda 600 RR for about 65% of the retail cost (35% OFF) through a wholesaler I found online (years ago). I'm looking for something like this for Ducati. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Ah, my mistake I did misread it! You won't find 35% anywhere either though - these parts just don't have the kind of margin in them to allow for pricing like that. That's WAY below cost on some items like painted parts.

As for your jab at me having the wheels at that price... they come from Ducati Performance and that is their retail price. Ducati has an advertising policy which we follow that calls for retail prices to be posted.

If you have a problem with the pricing I suggest contacting Ducati as they set the pricing - not me or my company. We just follow their rules in advertising it.

We of course can supply these wheels for $3600 as well, but they won't be from Ducati - they will be from Marchesini directly. We have the Ducati option on the site as they carry a 2 year warranty directly from Ducati and are part of the Ducati Performance catalog which is what we support first and foremost. Our aftermarket parts are secondary.

Read carefully... 65% of retail, not 65% OFF retail.

In other words 35% off retail. And it was for Honda, not Ducati. If you have a source, maybe you could spit it out (but I'm not feeling too confident).

I notice your site has some extreme pricing... lol.

I don't think I've ever seen these go for even close to that high of a price. I could give you three sources that sell these for 3600!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Part numbers...

If you have the part numbers you are looking for you can check our closeout list of OEM parts inventory.
We also have an apparel closeout section.
We update the lists once a month, please give us call to verify stock on hand.
Part numbers I'm looking for (but didn't see on your site/link):

480.1.153.1CT L.H. AIR DEFLECTOR (BLACK)
480.1.150.1CT R.H. AIR DEFLECTOR (BLACK)
480.1.155.1CT LOWER HALF FAIRING (BLACK)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
You get an automatic discount of at least 30% these days if you are able to find a dealer that has stock on their shelves of over a year old and they are honest enough to sell you the parts at the price they shipped them in for back then against what it would cost to ship them in today.

Other than that there is fleabay or Gothamcycles for pre-loved parts.

SF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts