Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I am new here, and am need of some help. This is my first Ducati, al of my other bikes have been Japanese, or British. The bike that I am buying needs a part, and the owner is to install the part before I accept delivery. He went ahead and placed an order with FBF three solid weeks ago. The part not only hasn't arrived, but, they will give the owner no indication when the part is to arrive. I hold nothing against the current owner, he is doing right by me. I am looking for another place to place the order for the part (OEM master/clutch lever assembly). I have a million leads as to where to gets things quickly for Japanese bikes, but need to know where to start looking for Ducati parts.

A little help will go a long way toward me getting my dream bike ASAP!!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Welcome to Ducati ownership. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, ordering factory parts from Ducati is one of the drawbacks of ownership...it can take a while.

·
Registered
154 Posts
For which model bike and which year are you looking for the clutch master cylinder assembly?

Better question, why am I working on my day off?

Kathy Jo
Bend Euro Moto

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just checked on your clutch master, it's part number 63040101AB. I don't have it in my inventory but the good news is that it is available at Ducati. Three weeks is a long time to wait for an available part, I think it's just easy to use the Italy factor as an excuse. Honest, I'm on the west coast and if I send an urgent order today, I will have them on Friday. From Italy. It used to be 3 days until DHL bailed out of Central Oregon.

If Jon at Ducati Seattle doesn't have it, try Advanced Motorsports in Dallas (both superbike shops). Good luck!

Kathy Jo

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Ducati Omaha has that part in stock for $243. You can go to their site to look up factory parts (ducatiomaha.com), great customer service. Also on their site, you can get the parts manual for a 2000 996. All of this is found on their main page, then go to "OEM parts".
-Brad

I just checked on your clutch master, it's part number 63040101AB. I don't have it in my inventory but the good news is that it is available at Ducati. Three weeks is a long time to wait for an available part, I think it's just easy to use the Italy factor as an excuse. Honest, I'm on the west coast and if I send an urgent order today, I will have them on Friday. From Italy. It used to be 3 days until DHL bailed out of Central Oregon.

If Jon at Ducati Seattle doesn't have it, try Advanced Motorsports in Dallas (both superbike shops). Good luck!

Kathy Jo

·
Registered
825 Posts
Bcm

BCM is a good place to check. It sounds like you are in the northeast & so are they. www.bcmducati.com Get thier phone# and call. They're usually great to deal with on the phone.
Gregg

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
+1 on BCM. Or try Donnie @ the DUC POND!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys Since they wont let me post in classifieds.

Any of you have extra or broken left light housing switch for 749 999. I dont need the whole thing, im looking for that little piece come with the unit to pull the choke cable. I got mine from Ebay but missing that piece. If you know anyone have it Please shoot me an email. Thanks guy.
Sean

1 - 14 of 14 Posts