Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2-1 termi exhaust on my bike, it looks stunning and sounds even better.

But is there some exhaust that performs better 2-2 for more top end etc?

Is the Zard exhaust perfoming as good as it looks?
What diameter is the zard exhaust?
What diameter is the 2-1 termi full exhaust?

Just dynoed my bike and im looking for more top end and i think it might be the exhaust not flowing as good as it needs.
Or is it the airbox that is the big problem?

Im getting a dip at 6100rpm and it doesnt follow the curve, like an 1000 ds ss does etc.

Please help.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i would look into the wasp power up kits. or just go to the power commander and get a straightened out map loaded in.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
No Termi (with baffles removed) is limiting the top end HP on any stock motor.

These engines aren't really about top end, but if that's what you want, the first thing I would do is cams. Bassphreek's suggestions are good for smoothing out the powerband, but to really push the powerband up higher in the rev range, the cams are going to be your first limiting factor.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The headers on the SC's are one of the biggest problems for letting the DS1000 motors breath: they're inch and a half diameter only. When I was building my bike I had a local car exhaust guy make me up a set of 2" headers, on which I stuck two Hindle cans. That alone added about 7 RWHP. Sounds pretty nice too!:D

·
Registered
162 Posts
i have conti pipes and zards for my 06 mono. i'm running the zards ,but the conti pipes headers are 43 mil vs 39 for zards .the conties deffinetly ran freer
and the bike feels stronger than with the zards .the air box is open top and bottom and my dp ecu was fittled by my tech . the zard seems to make power well to 9 k but nothing below4500 rpm. the conties have never run using the dp ecu so maybe this weekend i'll try them and see the results.
but from memory the engine seemed to pull much better in the lower end.
but the zards are the ones to use just on looks alone
zard will make a custom set if you want to spend cash. i was thinking a nice 45mm header and exhuast but that is another subject....

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Those are some damn nice cans. I'm not sure if I like the hangers, but the cans themselves make up for it. I wish someone made a 2X exhaust system that ran a little higher/closer to the seat but inboard as much as possible. Most seem to stick way out there, which ruins the narrow profile of the bike.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I measured my exhaust yesterday, outer dia is 40mm and the inner is 37mm, and that is for a termi full exhaust.
My 1997 stock header for my monster is 40mm dia outer and 36mm inner dia.

The full silmotor exhaust i had on the monster was 2-1 and started as a 45mm into a 50mm up to the silencer.

Im guessint that the termi full exhaust i have now isnt the best option for a tuned engine, I have done some calculating and at least a 45mm system is neaded.
general rule is to have an exhaust that is a couple mm bigger then tha exhaust valve and this is 4mm smaller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts