Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear about your experiences with purchasing a engine gasketseal kit for your 748. Can you recommend any one? Thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
Personal for my 749 I've had problems with the aftermarket gasket. The best way to seal these motor is to use threebond but remember that a little bit of threebond goes a long way.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
If you want the best reliability use oem, some aftermarkets work and some don't . The amount of money saved is not worth the risk , IMHO.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I can vouch for Permatx Ultra Grey. I've used it for many years on the crank case covers and between the crank cases. No leaks, ever.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can't help with aftermarket quality, but a sealant I'll throw in a good word for Yamabond, I've always had great luck with it. Only negative-- it is a drag trying to get it off if you ever have to go back into the motor, the stuff is tenacious. When I was racing motocross I had a small leak in a two-stroke case. Just for giggles I smeared a little Yamabond on the outside to see if it would suck it in and plug the leak. Damned if it didn't, which saved me from having to split the cases. Judging from the positive responses on Threebond, I'll definitely have to give that a try.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ducati Gasket Set 79120511A

I found this set with the part number (Ducati Gasket Set 79120511A) but its for a 2001 mine is 1998 748. Looks like it does both cylinders ! Its on ebay.
eBay item number:253516014918

1 - 12 of 12 Posts