Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen many different tools available in the US and the EU on eBay, et al., but am unsure of what actual riders prefer. Can anyone chime in with their experiences as to which one they'd recommend to remove the front and rear wheel axle removal tool?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
I've seen many different tools available in the US and the EU on eBay, et al., but am unsure of what actual riders prefer. Can anyone chime in with their experiences as to which one they'd recommend to remove the front and rear wheel axle removal tool?

Thanks
Get a steel one... and I'd suggest one where both sockets are on the same side, mine has the front socket on the backside of the rear socket and my large breaker bar doesn't quite seat all the way into the socket because of the front socket profile.

mine looks like this: https://www.amazon.com/Ducati-1098-55mm-Socket-STEEL/dp/B00I9IC9ZY/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2RFWRDAY39XMBBQCTBES

·
Registered
212 Posts
This is the tool I bought. I have to admit that I didn't notice until reading Dave's post and looking up the link that it has the 30 mm socket built-in as well. I've just used a regular 30 mm socket that I had in my toolbox. I like it even more now! Although I do find that it doesn't lock onto my ratchet or extensions very well and will fall off from just it's weight alone.

MotoMFG Socket

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got the MotoMFG socket and a 1/2 in Impact wrench from Harbor Freight to get the rear nut off.

230nm can be a bitch to get off

·
Registered
402 Posts
The enduro is not a single-sided swing-arm and therefore doesn't need the huge nut to hold the wheel on. Isn't it just a regular socket and perhaps another wrench on the axle to keep the axle from spinning? Still the sources cited above should have a compact tool for the enduro F/R. You're supposed to be able to fix a flat or change a tire with the ADV tools you carry right?

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's what my AMA membership is for, has helped me or a friend a few times.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
The enduro is not a single-sided swing-arm and therefore doesn't need the huge nut to hold the wheel on. Isn't it just a regular socket and perhaps another wrench on the axle to keep the axle from spinning? Still the sources cited above should have a compact tool for the enduro F/R. You're supposed to be able to fix a flat or change a tire with the ADV tools you carry right?
oh yea... poor enduro owners don't get to experience the joy of standing on top of a breaker bar with extension trying to get the rear wheel nut loose.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Do get a steel socket tool not aluminum.
I have the same as @DaveK. His point about the breaker bar not going in all the way is valid although the tool worked quite well for me.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
I bought an IR 2235 Impact wrench after the second time I fought this battle... it makes it a breeze.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts