Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a mono tail for my 95 900ss CR. Where have you guys sourced good aftermarket tails from?

I've found the Sharkskins, Air Tech and the typical 'el cheapo Ebay crap.

On a similar note, has anyone here done the full AirTech "Super Mono" conversion? It looks pretty cool:

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/ducati/SUPERTWIN1991-97.htm

·
Registered
243 Posts
I got a solo tail unit from Beasley composites. It's okay but I believe Sharkskinz is not that much more and comes with supports to prevent cracks around the mounting holes. I think this is the way to go.

Also, I just picked up my OEM mono seat today. Still available from Ducati for $172 or there's the Corbin for not much more. I've seen them as low as $200 on the internet. I guess Sargeant used to make a mono seat but no longer available.

·
Registered
104 Posts
+1 on the Sharkskinz/Corbin combo. Good fit, solid mounting surfaces, comfy seat. Note that it allows for one seating position only - no moving around. Fits me (6'1") fine so my butt's happy. TT

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, apparently the Air Tech has the same supports, and I kind of like the design of the top of it. Has anyone here used it yet? What about the SuperMono conversion?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any pics of the Sharkskinz tail on a bike painted? Their website only has it on a bench unpainted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts