Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Sport 1000 and recently purchased a Power Commander III for her. I plan to install the PCIII this weekend but I'm still not certain where to place it. I know the length of the cable will limit my options but if there is a "perfect" location to place it, I can certainly pigtail the wires to make it happen.

Any ideas for placement of the PCIII would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you relocate your Regulator/Rectifier to the underside of the seat/fender (many SC owners do this to give the R/R better ventilation)... there would be room for it underneath the seat.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Think about installing an MWR High Efficiency air filter while you're at it, and you'll not only gain significant intake capacity but have a perfect location for your PCIII. You'll need that PCIII with all the new found airflow. I attached it with 2" velcro and grounded it to the tank mounting bracket. Super easy and hidden.

Only downside would be more intake noise, the MWR is less than $200 and you could pick one up at Pro Italia and stick to your timeline!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Those are all great ideas and thanks for the photos (I don't have to try and imagine how it would look at that location). I thought about zip tying it to the right side frame just above the rear brake reservoir for easy access and quick adjustments; however, would this be too accessible for anyone to tamper with or steal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts