Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I always loved that song.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Tal has been with Jeff Beck for quite a while now. She’s getting better all the time.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I will bring up Walter Becker here because most people don’t realize he was the guitar player for Steely Dan.
Same with Michael Franks. He gets the cred for songwriting and vocals, but that’s his incredible guitar work too.

·
Administrator
6,072 Posts
Since people broke the rules and added people that are solo, I have this to add.

Luca Stricagnoli

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
This is how it starts. One guy walking into the bike shop not wearing a mask, pretty soon everybody’s breathing death cooties.
I was just trying to narrow the category down . Same reason I thought nominees should have an album, so everyone didn’t start nominating themselves and all their relatives.
Everybody knows somebody who’s too good to be playing at the bar , but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Reactions: Rainman

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I would toss Guthrie Govan in, though I think he is becoming more and more well known.
Peter Green = incredible. Django had to be from another planet. Robert Johnson for the blues. Gary Moore for blues rock. Eric Johnson (”Cliffs of Dover”). Jim Hall for jazz. The inimitable Les Paul wasn’t as well known as the guitar that bears his name. Derek Trucks. There are so many with varying levels of fame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i will throw my hat in the ring with Rory Gallagher, Adrian Belew and Tony Mcphee . All probably known by those in the know .I think that Tony Mcphee should be a lot more well known and financially well off than he is.

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
I thought of several this morning who should be on this list... let's start with Neil Schon.

Am not crazy about the new vocalist... he's a bit too "animated" for my liking, but he does sound an awful lot like Steve Perry.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,310 Posts
I don't get it. I've heard of 80-90% of all the people listed on this thread. What rocks do you people live under?

I've got one for you.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,310 Posts
Neal Schon
Steve Cropper
T-Bone Walker
Pat Travers
Adrian Belew
Rick Nielsen
Mick Jones
Alex Fucking Lifeson