Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions on the best cover for our bikes. I like the Ducati stretchy covers but don't really want to advertise I have a Ducati under the cover to attract attention and will also need some limited outdoor protection for an occasional outdoor night with light rain.

Can someone recommend one that fits well? I know there are hundreds of covers that would work but I want the lightest, highest quality, reasonable weather protection that can still fit into a small pouch to be strapped to back of bike, etc.

Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
437 Posts
D-

I would just get a dowco, my bike lives on a Brooklyn sidewalk and that cover works perfectly including the winter snow.
F-

PS Dave if your in the city, find a sidewalk with a pole and lock it as they will steal these bike. I had one stolen and I believe I've read about 2 others that had there's stolen in the city.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Dan,

I have a Nelson-Rigg Defender 2000 size large that works well but I garage the bike mostly. Ferrell's seems to cover completely which might be a little better if you're leaving it out 24/7. I used to leave it on the sidewalk in Manhattan as Ferrell said but they have started clipping the locks and towing them.

I also have a coretech sport tailbag that the cover stays in. I ride the bike around the city and cover it whenever its parked. The coretech bag was like $69 bucks from newenough.com. I usually toss my lid in the bag and then cover the bike, locking the cover as well. Has worked really well for me.

Tom

Looking for suggestions on the best cover for our bikes. I like the Ducati stretchy covers but don't really want to advertise I have a Ducati under the cover to attract attention and will also need some limited outdoor protection for an occasional outdoor night with light rain.

Can someone recommend one that fits well? I know there are hundreds of covers that would work but I want the lightest, highest quality, reasonable weather protection that can still fit into a small pouch to be strapped to back of bike, etc.

Thanks, Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts