Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi like to Know the best possible Exhaust Mods suggested on 2015 DVT multistrada ? Akrapovic Made one Good header but its not available & Do not Have any reviews as of now ,
Like to know Good the Headers ?
Good Slip ons ?
Objective is to help Power improvement & Weight reduction ?
Any info please ?
Hope its too early For this ?

·
Registered
869 Posts
The full Termignoni system sheds about 14lbs and removes the cat, but dyno results, I've seen posted, don't show any significant performance increase.

The new map update has solved most of the dips in the original map.

I'd love my bike to be 20lbs-30lbs lighter, but when I look over it, the only two areas where I can see where you can easily get rid of some weight is the exhaust and wheels.

I change my own tires, so get to handle the wheels with the tires off. Between my Multistrada S wheels and the forged wheels on my 1299S and 1098S, which feel super light, the Multistrada wheels aren't super heavy. To me, there's not a significant difference to warrant the expense. Yes I know there would be a bit of performance advantage, that's why I opt for the 'S' models of my superbike Ducati's, but with the wide, high handlebars, I have no issues with fast turn in or fast 'S' bend transitions, on the stock wheels on my Multistrada.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the Termignoni slip-on. Don't know how much weight, if any, it saves, but the sound really comes alive as the RPMs climb. 10/10

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New Headers+Exuasts for 2015 MST

All my email Replies Shows by March 1st week ,2015DVT Multistrada Will have new updated sets of Headers , New Baffles ,New SlipOns ,Weneed to check how many of them needs ECU upgrade as well?
Received confirmation from
Akrapovic
MIVV
SC project,

·
Registered
311 Posts
First of all? The ugly rear blinkers.. ducati performance led blinkers it's MUCH better.. can't understand why such expensive bike don't bring rear led blinkers :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Termignoni full sistem it's a GREAT improvement as well
Do you have proof of this? I've not seen a supporting dyno chart for the full Termi that shows any improvement over stock. The only area that is improves is shedding about 14lbs of weight.

I also followed a thread on the British Multistrada forum where the full Termi didn't appear to shown any positive gains.

My experience;

My Ducati sales person bought a 2015 a couple of weeks after he sold me my 2015 'S' and put the full Termi system and upmap on immediately.

When the new fuel map came out, to cure the hesitation, I took my bike back and asked them to dyno my bike before they did the map update and after, at my expense, just see if there was improvement. They did this and my bike made 140rwhp before and 144rwhp after, right at Ducati's claimed 160hp with a 10% loss at the rear wheel.

I asked them if they had run the Sales Person's bike, and they had. With the $2400 Termi system, my cost installed, his bike made 140rwhp, no different from mine with the bad original map, but he did get the weight savings at $171 per pound....

Reactions: CooknRide

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I placed Preorder on New Akrapovic Full system .As per the lastmail received due for delivery by March 1st week ,Shall update Hope the issue of Hesitation on throttle is Gone

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also followed a thread on the British Multistrada forum where the full Termi didn't appear to shown any positive gains.
That was probably my post and dyno charts. The results were indeed quite odd, but the pick up and freedom of the engine with the full Termi system is simply much much better than standard. I love it (and love the fact a well timed tax refund gave me the cash to buy it!)

Aside from the exhaust, the best mod is a 42 tooth rear sprocket (up from 40) which makes for better acceleration, smoother around town at low speeds, and is the best mod per £ you can do to the bike IMHO.

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
My notes as I've considered the mod:

-I've not seen a system add significant power at this point... though termi owners report a noticeable improvement to motor responsiveness (impressive to me since the stock setup rev's freely IMO).

-The Termi system is the only one that includes needed fueling corrections to account for changes due to the remove of the cat. Until the ECU is hacked, any other full exhaust will likely require undesirable (to me) additional electronic cheats to affect the fuel map. For me... the only full exhaust option for the DVT today is the termi... and I think its can is very ugly compared to other systems and even the nice termi carbon fiber slip on.

-The removal of the cat is the only way to save significant weight.

-Slip-on's will have a small effect on sound since the cat does the vast majority of the sound control work on the stock exhaust.

The analysis for me - full Termi but with no expectation of measureable performance bump... basically just for sound, I'm not one of those folks who needs to rationalize a mod based on performance improvement for a bike that's already more than crazy enough for me. I want the termi because it makes the bike sound awesome. I can even live with the ugly can.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Everytime my mind wanders to spending $2000+ on uprading the exhaust on my DVT, two things bring me back down to earth:

What benefits would it really get me for the long distance touring I do
I can get 200+ tanks of gas for that money

·
Registered
869 Posts
Owning a 1299, a 1098S and also a Bimota DB2 (900SS motor), the exhaust notes are just wonderful on all three of these. Put in best sound order, the Bimota is tops, followed by my 1098S with full Termignoni and finally a close third, the stock OEM Panigale.

Now with that said, I really didn't like the sound of single can full Termi system for the Multistrada. To me it sounded more like a Honda Civic with a Fart can as opposed to the deep thoroughbred sound of my other three Ducati's.

With the sound not being as pleasant as my other bikes, I was also concerned that the extra DB's would just become annoying when in touring mode.

Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
This is great news. Please keep us posted as these options become available!

All my email Replies Shows by March 1st week ,2015DVT Multistrada Will have new updated sets of Headers , New Baffles ,New SlipOns ,Weneed to check how many of them needs ECU upgrade as well?
Received confirmation from
Akrapovic
MIVV
SC project,

·
Senior Narcissista
5,737 Posts
I will do a dyno test of a MY 2015 bike with full termi soon, tried it in stock form this fall, and see if it brings anything.
Started fitting the system today but it needs to be a bit warmer to dyno it without freezing to death :)
Ill measure AFR and see how it does with the up-map.
I never speculate before hand, will post as soon as results are in though.

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Ducati did their homework! Excellent midrange now with 21(!) Nm increase at 5.7k
Will post graphs later today.
THAT'S what I've been hoping to see them do... that hole should be nicely filled. I'm assuming this update is newer than the update late last year that was the first 'patch' on that torque hole? (it helped but didn't totally fill it in)

·
Senior Narcissista
5,737 Posts
The before is a bone stock MTS1200DVT MY2015, after is the same bike but fitted with a full Termi and the latest upmap, nothing else has been done.
Its a completely different engine, 18hp more right in the middle of the range youd use.
I operated the dyno both times with the same procedure.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm not aware of any updates to the map that came with the Termi kit. There was an update for the stock map. Your result looks like the infamous Rexxer map that's posted on their website.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts