Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have recommendations for a great Ducati mechanic (and reasonably priced) within ~50 mi of NYC?

Thanks!

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,383 Posts
There used to be European Cycle Services in Middletown, but Steve, the owner, closed up and joined Hudson Valley Cycles in Ossining. Very good service, but now you pay standard dealer rates. I can't think of another independent in the area anymore with Ducati expertise.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Supermoto in saint James long island.
Joe is the owner, mechanic and salesman, few different views about that place but I can vouch as far as his mechanical skills, you'll pay for it but rest assured he'll get the job done the right way, he's certified Ducati race mechanic.
Cheers!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I just text steve. He still does side work at ECS and his dyno is still located there. Closing it up eventually but sounds like not quite yet

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,383 Posts
Steve closed up the shop? last I knew he had it open and was also the service manager at HVMC
I'm not sure he ever did both. And if he did, it was only for the transition. I remember getting some heat for my comments with the DESMO club for my opinions about losing a good independent shop. I thought it sucked that it was happening, but everyone else was backing the move. Steve has been a long-time member and supporter of the club and I was fairly new with the group. No surprises with everyone's reactions. They all thought I was attacking him which wasn't the case at all. I was just lamenting the loss of an independent shop; the big swallowing up the small and reducing options.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have to agree that Steve at HVMC in Ossining, NY is the best Ducati Mechanic within the NYC area. I drive about 2 hours from Jersey to get there and it is definitely worth it. Steve was able to get an additional 15hp out of my s4r with just a tune.

I have tried to go to motorcycle mall which is like 20min away from my location and had a terrible experience. That lead me to find Steve and follow him from ECS to HVMC.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you're open to going into NJ than I would highly recommend Cross County cycles in Metuchen. They do pickup service also. I've sent my bike twice to that shop and they have done a great job. Not too expensive given that it's a Ducati/BMW shop but I highly recommend

1 - 10 of 10 Posts