Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of people are on the fence in whether or not to consider the hyper motard a true motard before we even begin. But I want to clarify that I am including it for this poll as well as bolt in engines, the easier the swap the better. I recently came across the 1198 swap in the hypermotard 1100 chassis. With 150-170 hp depending it’s hard not to cast my vote for this bad boy. Having never ridden in I have already started gathering materials to do so.
please post your experiences with custom motards or hypers or any that you think are superior toan evo sp with the 1198 motor pushing 180 hp on an evo sp frame. It’s as close to a superleggara hyper as we will get.
and don’t get me wrong I have seen the gsxr 1000 motors in the400 dirt bike frames but they look like a weight displacement nightmare while this set up isn’t far from stock weight displacement. Tell me I’m wrong. I want to build. Project motard with way more HP than me evo sp 1100. So far rolling 1100s chassis and an 1198 is where I am headed. Change my Mind

·
Registered
368 Posts
With a lot of motor swap projects, the results if done well always look fun, but these projects are never really financially feasible and you really have to love the building process. If you want the result but don't love the building process and don't want to spend way more money than the finished project is worth, abandon ship now!

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idk sometimes you can make money on them. The Volvo quad goes for 50k and my wife is a Dmv expert for high end dealerships and can register a quad I built with a street bike motor for the street and I think that was a profitable enterprise if I did one as nice as I see some people do it. But I do agree that most of the time it’s for the builder not the final product

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I think your swap proposal is bonkers - in a good way. It would be even more of something you don’t see every day and way radical, I say go for it. Post up some pics of this conversion, I’ve not seen how it turns out, I do agree with your dirt bike/4 cyl. comment. Sort of like those ladies that ah, over do it with the silicone lets say.
As for the 100hp argument, for me - I’m on board with that in principle, but as a V4 Tuono rider I so dig it’s power. I like having that 100 hp available but not having to spin it up rpm wise to get it. My $.02. Make a build thread and share!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think your swap proposal is bonkers - in a good way. It would be even more of something you don’t see every day and way radical, I say go for it. Post up some pics of this conversion, I’ve not seen how it turns out, I do agree with your dirt bike/4 cyl. comment. Sort of like those ladies that ah, over do it with the silicone lets say.
As for the 100hp argument, for me - I’m on board with that in principle, but as a V4 Tuono rider I so dig it’s power. I like having that 100 hp available but not having to spin it up rpm wise to get it. My $.02. Make a build thread and share!
I’ve had so many 4 cylinder 1000 that were fast at the top of the rev range. I love this bike even if it isn’t as fast as I want it to be. And I’m piped tuned and a bunch else. But imagine with the 1198 could leave it stock. Especially if I can get a rolling chassis for cheap. I know it will probably be bananas and hard as hell to keep on the road but boy will it be fun. And it will sure be the king of the heep for motard and still not look ugly with a wide as 4 banger in it right?

This is one if the guys who did it and talked about it.
is a video of one

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would under-utilize any engine with more than 100hp on public roads.
So a 1198 engine is overkill outside of the track IMHO.
I have just over 100 on my hyper and I use every bit of it. I’ve learned to grow out of every bike I’ve had which consists of most brands of 600s a couple 750s a two stroke 3 cylinder 72 kayak 750, a couple 1000s, a 900rr, and now my second 1100 hyper. I’m ready for it

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I don't think I've ever used every pony on my Monster 1200. There is more than enough.
The torque is what I like on public roads.
You don't need a lot of RPMs to use it either. Braaaaaaap!
Acceleration gooooood. :D

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,129 Posts
I have just over 100 on my hyper and I use every bit of it. I’ve learned to grow out of every bike I’ve had which consists of most brands of 600s a couple 750s a two stroke 3 cylinder 72 kayak 750, a couple 1000s, a 900rr, and now my second 1100 hyper. I’m ready for it
Maybe it's just me getting old

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very true. I’m living just so the devil has to wait lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It’s funny how I still have to push the g force more and more to get that feeling during acceleration. Granted I still get it in a full tuck at 80 on a bike with the throttle pinned but it got harder to get the rush as I got older. And no drug or experience competes with it. It’s inexplainable

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have developed a high tolerance. More dope to catch the same buzz. :ROFLMAO:
Amen brother adrenaline junkie to the fullest. But it keeps me out of trouble which keeps the paychecks rolling in (jk j do well) which keeps the wife and son on the way happy. Just need this to keep daddy happy and sober lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You have developed a high tolerance. More dope to catch the same buzz. :ROFLMAO:
Got these haters on here too who like to voice their disapproval of how I ride on the street because they think their track way is the only way. Thank god I live in America

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think the buzz is actually weaker I’m gonna end up on the Isle of Man one day

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks man. You too baby too

1 - 20 of 40 Posts