Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there are only a few custom seat makers out there who still do the ss, anybody know the best fit and quality for these bikes? I had a Corbin on my VTX1800 and the front attachment came loose and I had to JB weld it on. It was very comfortable, though. My stock Ducati seat is a little short to the hump, but adequate. I am going for the monoposto look with the back of the seat matching the giallo color of the bike. Corbin doesn't do it, Sargent does, and Luimoto makes a cover like that. Found great service with Sargent, Corbin was a big order trip with all kinds of details, and Luimoto would only take paypal. I thought I would seek more advice from the intrepid and appreciate all comments--Gratsi, Cork

·
Registered
238 Posts
seat

you will find a lot if you search this. Functionally keep in mind that the sargent seat is taller than stock and the corbin is lower than stock seat height. i went with a sargent because it is lighter, i like the pull out hooks it offers as well as the storage tube. customer service has been great.

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have two Corbin's for my 99 ST4, one is leather, ( I slide around a bit) one is Carbon Tech? It's nicer but the backrest slot is really crooked... so when I ride two up, I put the leather one on.

I have a Corbin on my 98 FE, it's leather too but since. It's a monoposto, I don't slide much, I also have a Sargent for my still un-used biposto setup... The Sargent is way lighter, I can't wait to try it.

My 2cents

:)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Another vote for the Sargent. This thing is gorgeous and really comfortable. I love the hooks under the seat for bungee cords and it looks very sleek... as if the SS should have come with this seat from the get-go.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sargent is nice stuff, used Corbin for yrs on my 93 900ss but their quality has declined....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts