Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi mates! My battery is near to die, can`t start the bike after a 10 days stopped.
Wich is the best battery that can I fit in my 800 SS ?
anyone with more amps can fit in the same ?
Thank you.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Nobody had need to change the battery?
Any opinion would be great.
regards.
Dunno if they are available in the US, but I have had a Voltz battery in mine for over 4 years and it still fires up well.

Dirkwright via a one to one email has come across a lithium battery for bikes and neither of us have any experience with it, so read up a bit if you want to go down that route. http://www.ebattonline.com/index.html

·
Banned
3,890 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I run a slightly oversized lead acid, I know its not as flashy as the little hightech ones but thought you would be interested, it fits but it is a bit tight.

Its a 14bs so about 1cm taller then stock. the leads just reach on mine so be careful.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all the replys, now I am looking the high amp/h battery that fit in the same place. I believe that standard is 12 amp/h. I would like at least fit a 14 amp/h. I will post here the result of my searches.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good OEM replacement is the extreme sold at batteries plus, no all that expensive and I have had no issues in both street and race use. The best replacement battery though would be the speedcell superbike battery in my opinion. They cost about $250 but weigh around 2lbs and the 800's that I have seen with them start better with hi comp pistons than the stock setup.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Thank you for all the replys, now I am looking the high amp/h battery that fit in the same place. I believe that standard is 12 amp/h. I would like at least fit a 14 amp/h. I will post here the result of my searches.
Unless you ride your bike in cold weather, that's probably not necessary. It won't hurt either, just add weight that you could do without.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good OEM replacement is the extreme sold at batteries plus, no all that expensive and I have had no issues in both street and race use. The best replacement battery though would be the speedcell superbike battery in my opinion. They cost about $250 but weigh around 2lbs and the 800's that I have seen with them start better with hi comp pistons than the stock setup.
Very good batteries seem, but don´t ship to Spain.
I have been seen the place of the battery and its very, very small,(newbie). I believe that the only that can I fit is the standard 12 amp/h. And with this size I think that the best is Yuasa. I will look for more.
Regards.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unless you ride your bike in cold weather, that's probably not necessary. It won't hurt either, just add weight that you could do without.
Good opinion. I´from Spain. The min temperture can be 8 degrees.
I am a newbie and only want to upgrade my bike. jejeje.
Perhaps it is ok with the standard.
Greetings.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Good opinion. I´from Spain. The min temperture can be 8 degrees.
I am a newbie and only want to upgrade my bike. jejeje.
Perhaps it is ok with the standard.
Greetings.
Greetings to you too. Most people think an upgrade means a lighter battery that still works. Eight degrees C is not that cold in my opinion. I think it's ok with the standard. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
665 Posts
In case you don't get the light/small lithium ones, you could also check the Odyssey batteries. For the SS you need the PC680. It provides a least double the cranking amps when starting up compared to the standard battery. It also keeps its charge well even if you don't ride the bike too often and/or have an alarm on the bike (which of course drains a bit of power too).

By the way, where exactly do you live in Spain? I recently moved to Madrid. Have you heard of the www.ducatistas.com forum? ;);)

·
Registered
518 Posts
since were on the subject, anyone with a 2000 + 900 SSies have a good web site for a good deal on batterys.

I am gonna be needing one in the spring, and was looking for a decent brand but not an too expensive.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Eight years on my Odyssey battery, when it gets weak you need to use a 6amp+ charger to bring it back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts