Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
...This doesn't exactly explain why we were having problems adding Mike. We only had 3 and if we added Mike, that brings us up to the max allowed per 10.
This is likely due to the fact that the 10 series only does point to point where as the 20 series supports daisy chain and PTP. (the 30 series supports mesh)

So if Mike has a PTP connection to you, and I have a PTP connection to you and Andy, there may be no way to daisy chain that configuration. You should have been able to toggle from mikes PTP branch to mine.

Even if Mike connected to me or Andy, I don't think we could have all gotten on b/c Mike, Andy and I are all on 10's and we can only do PTP ...no daisy chaining. What doesn't make sense is how you could hear Andy. He was only paired to me and I didn't think the 10's could bridge 2 PTP connections.

ETA subsequent research reveals that the 10 SMH version like I have supports 2 and 3 way PTP, so if Mike was connected to me or if Andy was connected to you, it might have worked as a 3 way PTP connection.

Dunno, it's like you have to be a network engineer to figure this out.

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
I think I've found it. Of course, it would take so much time that Ted and Scott would have ridden off without us. By the way...I love the "cons" for this intercom mode. :nerd:

Multi-way Intercom:

This is having an intercom conversation among a group of riders. Multi-way Intercom allows you to connect headsets together in a chain so that you can all talk at the same time. Each headset is paired to a maximum of 2 other headsets because they only need to connect to their respective link in the chain. Once each headsets are paired together in the sequence that they need to be in then they all need to be connected together by tapping each Jog Dial a specific number of times so that they connect together in the chain.

For example (Using 4 headsets, A, B, C, and D):

The configuration will look like this:

A <--> B <--> C <--> D

Headset A is paired to headset B

Headset B is paired to headset C

Headset C is paired to headset D

To connect these headsets together after pairing together:

Headset A starts the intercom conversation by tapping the Jog Dial once to connect to headset B (A is only paired to B which = 1 tap on the Jog Dial)

Headset C taps the Jog Dial twice to join headset B (headset B is the second to last headset paired to B which = 2 taps on the Jog Dial)

Headset D taps the Jog Dial once to join the intercom connection between headsets A, B, and C

Pros: Can have a group intercom conversation between 3-4 headsets (up to 8 for the 20S).

Cons: May be difficult to grasp the concept of how to pair each of the headsets in a specific order and connecting them together with the required number of taps on each of the the Jog Dials. If a headset ("link") in the chain gets disconnected for any reason then it will break up the entire group intercom into separate groups.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My 20S Evo has a phone app to add paired comms into a group. I just need to pair to each one and I become the hub. No daisy chain. (I think.)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
My 20S Evo has a phone app to add paired comms into a group. I just need to pair to each one and I become the hub. No daisy chain. (I think.)
Yep...For the daisy chain to work, everyone in the group has to have a device that supports it. For our group to get it to work I think we'd need a hub and spoke w/ Erik being the hub.

·
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I had such a great local ride on Saturday that I'm planning on doing it again next weekend. With the exception of a two mile stretch that's getting repaved and is gravel and dirt right now, the roads were awesome. I don't ride in my own backyard enough.

If anyone wants to come on over next Saturday, I'll be happy to lead you around the Catskills. The long-range weather forecast looks good.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I would love to come down and ride the cats with you, can't pull it off this weekend. Gotta stay local, wifey heading outta town , watching the dog...Next weekend , perhaps?
Good shows coming to the barn this summer/fall. Trying to get some folks to head down to "I'm with Her"(Sept.) and " Lake Street Dive" in Nov. We'll see...

·
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
I would love to come down and ride the cats with you, can't pull it off this weekend. Gotta stay local, wifey heading outta town , watching the dog...Next weekend , perhaps?
Good shows coming to the barn this summer/fall. Trying to get some folks to head down to "I'm with Her"(Sept.) and " Lake Street Dive" in Nov. We'll see...
Next weekend I have a DESMO ride, so that's out. The ride's on Sunday and I'm not sure I can schedule riding both days.

Jackson Browne was just announced today at the barn. Makes sense since Larry is in his touring band (or was). He'll be backed up by the Ramble Band. Could be interesting. Probably sold out already.

·
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well, my DESMO ride was cancelled due to the crappy weather we're having today.

So... anyone interested in getting the band back together next weekend? Saturday or Sunday. Berks or Catskills. I'm game.

:yeah:

·
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
At least I finally found out why I was feeling like crap those few days at ECM this year. Took a little while to get to the cause, but better late than never.

1.6 cm gallstone. Yippee! Doctor was like, yup...gotta come out. He's a hoot. He was making plumbing analogies. "You don't hook up a 2" pipe to a 4" pipe and expect to get a baseball through it."

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
At least I finally found out why I was feeling like crap those few days at ECM this year. Took a little while to get to the cause, but better late than never.

1.6 cm gallstone. Yippee! Doctor was like, yup...gotta come out. He's a hoot. He was making plumbing analogies. "You don't hook up a 2" pipe to a 4" pipe and expect to get a baseball through it."
...Well at least the doc didn't give you the "birthing" analogy...ouch!

·
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yup. And all I had to do was get stabbed in the gut 4 times. Should have been only three, but complications. :rolleyes:

Ice packs good.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts