Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone want to meet up for a ride this weekend in the Berks or southern VT? I'm game and completely open as to which day or locale. The 749 needs exercise and the weather forecast is looking good!

Or if you want to explore the Catskills, I can play tour guide. I know a few good roads. ;)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
@Dolemite and I are considering. We prob would trailer somewhere in Western Mass / Southern VT and rendezvous if your coming that far east. We both have evening commitments so it's really down to timing.

·
8,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like this meetup is morphing into riding the Berks and vicinity. Probably not heading west into the Catskills. We'll save that for another time.

If you're a member of NEDOC, you can follow the conversation there. I'll just hit the highlights here. So far, looks like a handful of people.

·
8,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I've got a plan. I hope it's not too ambitious. Might have to cut some of it back.

I figure, roughly, a 2 hour ride from The Cow on the Roof (that's the Old Creamery) to lunch and then another 3 hour ride back to the Cow on the Roof. At which point, everyone goes their own way.

·
8,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Dolemite and I are planning to meet in Concord MA. Pushing off from there ~8 along rt 2 -> 112.

https://goo.gl/maps/4Gdp9gNReiw
May I suggest taking I-91 south out of Greenfield and getting on 116. :D

And to everyone, there are no gas stations in Cummington. The nearest gas is in Ashfield 10 miles away. You should gas up before arriving.

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
Great riding today! Thanks for leading us through the Berkshires Yorik. :yeah:
You know, I don't remember the tar snakes being that slippery ten years ago! I think the formula changed. Makes for some exciting cornering! :eek:

·
8,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, maybe for NECM we meet up like we did today and ride up as a group.

Oh, and I may have figured out how to use the Sena. I've been reading the manual. There's something called Group Intercom. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Amazing day, super fun riding and amazing weather. Big thanks to Yorik for being the honcho for this one.

Great riding today! Thanks for leading us through the Berkshires Yorik. :yeah:
You know, I don't remember the tar snakes being that slippery ten years ago! I think the formula changed. Makes for some exciting cornering! :eek:
No kidding, those things were brutal. Glad I wasn't the only one to notice.

Hey, maybe for NECM we meet up like we did today and ride up as a group.

Oh, and I may have figured out how to use the Sena. I've been reading the manual. There's something called Group Intercom. Go figure.
Reading the manual is cheating, button flailing is the preferred method. Seriously does it mention anything about making it work w/ the older Sena's (10's)? I think if we all hat the 20 series it'd be a no brainer, but we have a mix of units on different tech.

·
8,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reading the manual is cheating, button flailing is the preferred method. Seriously does it mention anything about making it work w/ the older Sena's (10's)? I think if we all hat the 20 series it'd be a no brainer, but we have a mix of units on different tech.
It did mention that the 10 only had the ability to pair with 3 other units, while the 20 can pair with 7 others. If you include a 10 in the group, you're limited to the lower number on group intercom. This doesn't exactly explain why we were having problems adding Mike. We only had 3 and if we added Mike, that brings us up to the max allowed per 10.

We'll see what happens next time. I deleted the pairings of a couple of unknown units (I think one of them was Dad).

1 - 20 of 76 Posts