Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so unfortunately i was out riding my sport classic last weekend and had a gentleman pull out in front of me from a parking lot onto the main road i was riding on. he must not have seen me b/c it was a pretty stupid move. needless to say i hit him at around 50 and smashed the front end of my ducati up pretty bad. the top triple clamp shattered in half, but the lower part, the forks were ok. i noticed a small paint crack on the steering head by one of the welds that attaches it to the main frame bars. does anyone have any experience/knowledge as to how bad the frame might have been damaged. it was a straight on collision into the side of his vehicle.

thanks

austin

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ouch,
sorry to hear that, Austin. I hope you are in one piece?:(
Last time that happened to me, I walked like a toddler for 2 weeks: feet wide apart to not shake the swollen parts...

A frontal, at 50, with shattered top clamp? I wouldn't count on the frame being in-spec after that.:(

Insurance takes care?

vitalc

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
So glad that you're ok. Chances are, your bike is toast. If you can see cracks in the paint, it's bent.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about your accident. This is a constant threat when riding a motorcycle. Glad you seem OK. But, definitely your frame has had it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts