Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys today i was rear ended by an old lady.. result .. the bike dropped on the side.. my clutch pedal in now bent ( see picture ) is this fixable or i just get another one?.. any place other then dealer? ot and btw its a 748 biposto 2000

thnx for advices

·
Registered
410 Posts
WOW where'd you get that chainguard and rear hugger? Can you post some more pics of those parts please?

As far as the shift lever, it's totalled. Trying to bend aluminum back out will surely break it. Sorry...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW where'd you get that chainguard and rear hugger? Can you post some more pics of those parts please?

As far as the shift lever, it's totalled. Trying to bend aluminum back out will surely break it. Sorry...
yeah sure.. ill post more pics tomorrow.. i got it when i first bought the bike in 2000.. all my carbon fiber is from dealer.. i chosse them from the ducati catalog.. 4200$ extra.. in termi .. chip.. and carbon

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
I see levers posted from different sources, you just have to look around or better yet post up a want to buy in the forum. I'm sure someone will be kind enough to "cheap" sell you one. As a matter of fact I did a quick search and found a post dated May 19th by Nine16. He is selling a factory shift lever for $30.

You might want to try and bend that lever back. I bent mine when I low sided at the track and I bent it back to normal. It wasn't as bent as yours, but Ducati metal is bendable unlike pop metal in Asian bikes. Maybe secure the lever in a vice and start the bending process slowly. I believe that is the key, slowly. If it breaks, your no worst off.

Whats annoying is the rubber grip thing working itself off all the time. I finally secured mine with silicon sealant and cured the problem.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
You might want to try and bend that lever back....... It wasn't as bent as yours, but Ducati metal is bendable unlike pop metal in Asian bikes.
The brake pedal on my wife's R1 was bent like that, and I easily bent it back into shape by removing it from the bike and placing it in a vise (the cheapo "pot metal" is typically in your aftermarket levers and pedals, not OEM of any manufaturer). The trick to rebending it without breaking it is to HEAT the pedal. I used a commercial grade heat gun and got it too hot to even attempt to touch with bare hands. The pedal bent back into position fairing easily with the help of an 18" adjustable wrench.

The cheap alternate route is to watch eBay. I picked up two sets of rearsets for ST bikes, both came with the shift lever, and I only paid $30 for each pair of rearsets. Interestingly, one of the shifters was a Monster style and the other was a SBK style.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Buy the one from Nine16. Adam's a good guy. I met him up at Player's Club in Chicago a week ago. Nice guy and very friendly.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Thanks for the plug, but I sold the shift lever to another forum member here a week or two ago. (Though I updated the ad but I'll double check.) I would recommend trying to heat and bend it for a temporary fix, but even if you get it straight, find a replacement from Gotham or ebay. They aren't too much. You could also go with a reverse GP-style shifter. Aluminum fatigues and at best, your repaired shift lever will be very brittle.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you have been using that leaver as a clutch, it surprises me that you haven't done more damage than that before this!

·
Registered
797 Posts
On the Duc it should be a forging, or light pressure cast, and you have bent it way past the elastic moment of the metal. It should be considered trash.....
They're cheap to source....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts