Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
The whole article is a bit silly but interesting. Tye - if you predict a bunch of things of course some come true. Like I've said before, Ben's contract is with Yamaha and they'll work together to figure out what is best for him and the company. BTW, your title is wrong, next season is 2010.

cassos - it won't be this season. They're just talking about the decision being already made when it was thought he'd wait and see what happens with the Championship.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Oh yeah for more breaking news - Spies to St Tropez this weekend!

Lil bastid :D

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spies ain't leavin' now, he's gonna finish off the season and win the title. Now that he's ahead, his "secret" deal can be announced. The same deal I knew about 3 months ago...

Here is what I said in July:
tye1138 said:
Ben is going to start pushing even harder. He knows the championship is on the table and has been offered a ride on Yamaha factory squad as well (hush-hush) if he wins the 2009 WSBK title. Ben has said publicly, he doesn't care about the championship, just winning races, but in reality its not the truth. He is focused at winning this season so he can move on quickly and leave WSBK with all its old-men behind.
He's gonna be on a factory bike in MotoGP, just not riding on the Fiat squad.

IDK, sounds like I predicted it straight up, everyone else thought I was crazy:

Where do you get this crap? Are we supposed to believe that you have some uber-secret source in the MotoGP paddock that gives you the "scoop" on secret backroom deals between riders and teams, when nobody else knows? Posting unsubstantiated claims like this on this forum is usually what ends up getting you flamed all the time. I think I'll wait until the story "Spies signs for Fiat Yamaha in MotoGP" hits the headlines before I believe that one.
:think:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
IDK, sounds like I predicted it straight up, everyone else thought I was crazy:

:think:
You also predicted that Haga had such a big lead in the championship that he would cruise to the title without a single crash.

You also predicted that Spies was way over-rated, and that the new R1 would struggle everywhere.

You predict a lot of stuff, Tye. Like Mongo said, if you throw enough "predictions" out there, it's inevitable that something will come true. I'm sure we could find dozens more examples if we had enough time to sort through your thousands of posts, but what's the point...

BTW, nobody thought you were "crazy" about Spies going to MotoGP next year. In fact, it makes perfect sense, and most of us were hoping it would be true. We just don't buy your whole "insider info" line...

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
You also predicted that Haga had such a big lead in the championship that he would cruise to the title without a single crash.

You also predicted that Spies was way over-rated, and that the new R1 would struggle everywhere.

You predict a lot of stuff, Tye. Like Mongo said, if you throw enough "predictions" out there, it's inevitable that something will come true. I'm sure we could find dozens more examples if we had enough time to sort through your thousands of posts, but what's the point...

BTW, nobody thought you were "crazy" about Spies going to MotoGP next year. In fact, it makes perfect sense, and most of us were hoping it would be true. We just don't buy your whole "insider info" line...
Come on, if you were Ben Spies, wouldn't you want to be special friends with Tye and let him know your secrets :):)

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK ya got me there... I think my prediction happened 6 months ago, before bird randomly hit him at Monza... No, I didn't go into the future, get a sports history book, look up the results and see that Haga won the championship. :rolleyes:

Can you tell the difference between a hopeful prediction and a real one that makes sense?

Also, if you go back to the thread where I said Ben was gonna go to GP in July, you'll notice most everyone said I was full of shit... I'm kinda tired of that.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
72 Posts
man, that's pretty cool, now the pressure is really on for spies to win world sbk, it will certainly make the rest if the season interesting. Its a pretty ballsy move, i mean, his lead isn't really that big.

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
No surprise Spies is going to MotoGP in 2010. That was his goal all along.

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
man, that's pretty cool, now the pressure is really on for spies to win world sbk, it will certainly make the rest if the season interesting. Its a pretty ballsy move, i mean, his lead isn't really that big.

Hes dominating and the Yamaha is getting faster while the Ducati appears to be getting slower. Spies is a shoo in for the championship.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
perhaps Rossi new of this too... maybe when he found out a bit ago, it was this info that upset him. finding out that a rider on a satellite team would get factory equipment and his set up information.... i don't know if it was all about Jorge...

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Ben would rather spend another year in WSB but will go where Yamaha needs him. Rossi isn't worried about Ben at this point.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yamaha sure is doing everything in its power to dominate MotoGP for the foreseeable future!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Sounds like the chess game between Yamaha and Rossi is in full swing. Looking between the verbal boxing match, it looks more as if the move of Rossi to Ducati is serious.

It's all speculation now, but in past years, Rossi rumors were never substantiated with any action. This seems to be a nice set up for 2011.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
“Ben has only signed for World Superbike for 2010 and MotoGP in 2011. That’s what we’re signed for... He wants to be the Champion in World Superbike, and we’re committed and concentrating on that.”

Mary Spies

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But what does she know, right? :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts