Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. New (2005) ST3 owner here, haven't even registered her yet... I've got a 750 SS too, but she's relatively new also... after 25 bikes, I finally tried Ducati and I'm hooked.

So, besides introducing myself to the group, I'm searching for a mentor.

For me to live with my Ducati's I need to be able to maintain them. I've done my own rudimentary maintenance on all of my bikes, but now I need to replace the belts and inspect the valve clearances on something a little more complicated (maybe). So, here's what I'm looking for. Is there anyone out there in the Baltimore area that would be willing to teach me to do this maintenance? I would pay, or return the favor in kind, or come to some agreement of some sort... I just don't want to fumble around figuring out how to do this correctly when I know there are lots of folks out there who can guide me to doing it correctly the first time.

So, do you guys do Tech Days? Something else? Any takers?

Steve

·
7,733 Posts
... after 25 bikes, I finally tried Ducati and I'm hooked...

Welcome. I also have a 2005 ST3, and like you, became "hooked." This site is a wonderful resource; lots of very knowledgeable people re Ducatis and motorbikes in general. Use the search feature first and if you're stumped then ask your question. I suggest you also get hooked up with the Desmo Times bulletin boarsd, and buy one of L.T. Snyder's excellent service manuals for Ducati 2 and three valves that covers maintenance issue like belts and shims etc. Yahoo's Ducati ST Owner's Group is another great resource. A factory service manual can't hurt either. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
What Stryder said.

I bought my first Ducati last May and immediately ordered the Desmodue/Desmotre manual that LT Synder put together. It's very informative and helpful. With that and the factory service manual you might be surprised at just how much you can achieve on your own.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I just ordered my manual from LT. Once I get it I'm sure I'll have lots more questions :)

I cant believe how impressed I am with the ST. When I test rode her the bars were in their highest position, and I kept thinking it might not be sporty enough. Then today I dropped the bars to their lowest position, and kept her above 6000 rpm for the better part of an hour, and she was incredible!

I'm thinking I have no need for my SS anymore!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts