Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I hate to let this one out of the bag but I found another option for those guys not happy with the stock plastic belt covers. I gave it 2 weeks after putting them on but figured I haven't contributed around here in a while and needed to make it up to you with some bling. I took the chance and picked up a set of belt covers for the new scrambler 1100. One hole on the horizontal cover just barely needed a kiss with a drill to make it line up and the bolts are a different length but the covers fit better than expected and I think they look pretty good. They are aluminum with milled accents, no more plastic covers. Got mine from my local dealer for about $160 total for the pair.

Attachments

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,216 Posts
Well, I hate to let this one out of the bag but I found another option for those guys not happy with the stock plastic belt covers. I gave it 2 weeks after putting them on but figured I haven't contributed around here in a while and needed to make it up to you with some bling. I took the chance and picked up a set of belt covers for the new scrambler 1100. One hole on the horizontal cover just barely needed a kiss with a drill to make it line up and the bolts are a different length but the covers fit better than expected and I think they look pretty good. They are aluminum with milled accents, no more plastic covers. Got mine from my local dealer for about $160 total for the pair.
Great idea!
I am not fond of the plastic covers either.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks nice! Quick question.. what's that red ring top right? Is that a horn relo? Bikes in the shop currently and I can't look under it to figure it out on my own.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks nice! Quick question.. what's that red ring top right? Is that a horn relo? Bikes in the shop currently and I can't look under it to figure it out on my own.
Yes, it's the horn. I have a low frequency Hella Supertone tucked under the side of the tank. I have the pod filter/velocity stack intake setup so I have the extra room to hide a big horn under there.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Are they standard OEM belt covers for the 1100 Scrambler ?
Seems like a great deal, considering similar looking ones from Ducabike are $536

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nice! Could you please share the part number? :grin2:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are standard 2018 Scrambler 1100 belt covers. Vertical P/N DUC24511691AZ, Horizontal cover P/N DUC24511701AZ

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I get home I will need to double check the box to see what it says. I just copied the p/n's off the receipt.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Funny thing is, some of the Scrambler guys don't like the accents on the aluminum covers and are converting to the more simple plastic covers.

Different strokes.....

Having both on 2 different bikes my observation is the metal covers are a little higher quality and dampen the belt noise a little better. I'm sure the plastic ones are lighter.

I was planning on replacing the plastic ones on the Sport Classic with carbon fiber ones and a CF hugger rear fender to match. But it's $$$ so it hasn't happened yet.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Funny thing is, some of the Scrambler guys don't like the accents on the aluminum covers and are converting to the more simple plastic covers.

Different strokes.....

Having both on 2 different bikes my observation is the metal covers are a little higher quality and dampen the belt noise a little better. I'm sure the plastic ones are lighter.

I was planning on replacing the plastic ones on the Sport Classic with carbon fiber ones and a CF hugger rear fender to match. But it's $$$ so it hasn't happened yet.
On my 1000s it came with the Speedymoto Leggero belt covers but I ended up installing the original ones back on. Just like them better for some reason. On my PS, I do have the carbon fiber belt covers but you can't even really see them with the full fairing on. I do have a carbon fiber hugger that I will get around to putting on one of these days.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The plastic belt covers are super easy to cut with a Dremel then sand the edge down to refine the shape. I did the ones on my Monster 620 and dyed them black (they were a terrible grey color). Thinking about doing something similar (but different) with the belt covers on my Sport 1000s.

Belt Covers by ricknieto, on Flickr

Belt Covers by ricknieto, on Flickr

1 - 18 of 18 Posts