Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a spare belt cover for my 900 ssie 99'. I wonder if it's possible to use a belt cover for a 900 monster during the same era instead as they seem alot easier to get a hold of. Don't need anything fancy, just want them to fit cause I'm going to cut them open and put seethrough lexan in the middle but don't want to do it with the original part.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
900SS, M900 & ST2 use the same belt covers. I've got a couple of spare, used sets if you can't find anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
900SS, M900 & ST2 use the same belt covers. I've got a couple of spare, used sets if you can't find anything.
They look like these? :)
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/1999-Ducati-900ss-750ss-Belt-Covers-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqF,!n0E-v1c+pS7BP9m6VFIRQ~~60_57.JPG
cause mine do.
If I can use M900 cover aswell finding new covers shouldn't be a problem but I could buy your spare set if you want to get rid of them

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
They look like these? :)
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/1999-Ducati-900ss-750ss-Belt-Covers-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqF,!n0E-v1c+pS7BP9m6VFIRQ~~60_57.JPG
cause mine do.
If I can use M900 cover aswell finding new covers shouldn't be a problem but I could buy your spare set if you want to get rid of them
Exactly like that, only with the Elephant logo on them. I have 2 sets; 1 from an M900 (same engine as SS) the other from an ST2 which are identical.

Here's a pic;

There are probably more Monster covers available as the owners upgraded to some bling - seeing as they're on show!

I've replaced my Monster covers with Carbon Fibre and the other set are spare anyway so I have a set available - PM me if you're interested.

Note; 600 and 750 covers are different as the cylinders are shorter.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also have some extra sets if interested

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
374 Posts
WOW this is an old thread so excuse me. :D

I need an outer and inner timing belt cover to fit a 1994 900SS/CR. Mine has a hole about the size of a quarter in the outer and the inner is broken where it attaches.

If anyone has anything let me know, or let me know of a place in the states where I can order one up.

Marc

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Click this link and it will take to the Millway Spares fiche.

Millway Corporation Pty Ltd - 900 SS 1994 - TIMING BELT

Click on the numbers of the components you want and the part numbers will pop up.

Back to Google and search using Ducati and the part number.

Sources will pop up.

·
Registered
374 Posts
They have what I need but cannot create an account as I am in the US and they are in Australia. :eek:

But I now have the part number so the search is on.

Thanks.

Marc

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Sorry I should have explained. They unfortunately are no longer a Ducati franchise but have very kindly left this amazing resource on their web site.

That is why I wrote that you should then use Google or whatever searching for Ducati and the part numbers you obtained from the web site.

Also, from memory, if you click on the part it lists all other models it was used on.
This is helpful if someone has not put a part number in their for sale ad.

E.g. 1996 Moneter belt cover. Armed with the info from the Millway web site you can determine if it is the same as yours or not.

Richard

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ducati Omaha had it and it is on order.

Thank you so very much for the great advice.

Marc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts