Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a track day yesterday and about halfway through the day I noticed that the bolts on my vertical cylinder belt cover were coming out and one was gone. Should I loctite them when I put 'em back in? Monster 1100 - must have been built on a Friday.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I did a track day yesterday and about halfway through the day I noticed that the bolts on my vertical cylinder belt cover were coming out and one was gone. Should I loctite them when I put 'em back in? Monster 1100 - must have been built on a Friday.

I don't see anything wrong with a little loctite on them. I put the blue stuff on every bolt I take off.

This became a habit after I had one of the bolts in the clutch pressure plate on my 748 back out mid way through a track day. I needed a clutch pack and basket and it came the day before the track day. In my haste to throw everything together I didn't tighten them enough.

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
I grease mine and torque them correctly, no problems.

Grease them and use a torque wrench, 5Nm.

Tom

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed whenever you see torque specs it always says to grease the bolts. I would think that that would make them back out easier. Does it just keep them from seizing up and if they are properly torqued they won't come loose?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts