Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im seaching e bay for a belly pam for my sc1000 monoposto.

The thing is i only find the ones that arent suitable for s4r s2r 695 1000 but they fit the monster 900.

Are the mounting holes diffrent or is it just the exhaust cutaway that differs?

If its only exhaust clearence im ok.

Any tips on what fits?

Are the non cf belly pans dead heavy?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Im seaching e bay for a belly pam for my sc1000 monoposto.

The thing is i only find the ones that arent suitable for s4r s2r 695 1000 but they fit the monster 900.

Are the mounting holes diffrent or is it just the exhaust cutaway that differs?

If its only exhaust clearence im ok.

Any tips on what fits?

Are the non cf belly pans dead heavy?

The belly pan I got was part of Ducati's Race Kit offered for the Sport 1000 mono a couple of years ago. It is light plastic and is for fitment with the Termi 2 in 1 exhaust. You might be able to do a search and figure out who made the fairing & belly pan for the Ducati race kit and get it from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The belly pan I got was part of Ducati's Race Kit offered for the Sport 1000 mono a couple of years ago. It is light plastic and is for fitment with the Termi 2 in 1 exhaust. You might be able to do a search and figure out who made the fairing & belly pan for the Ducati race kit and get it from the manufacturer.
Found this: http://www.advancedmotorsports.com/Ducati-Sport-Classic-Racing-Body-p/amsracekit1.htm

I wonder if they'd sell just the belly pan? And I wonder if a paint shop where I live could get anywhere close to the magnificent paint job on my Paul Smart?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been lurking on the website for a little bit. I need help finding the belly pan from the AMS kit. I contacted them, and not only don't they offer the belly pan by itself, but they no longer offer the kit period.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Haberdashery Jones said:
..... they no longer offer the kit period.
The reason for that is the fact that there were only 50 kits available on a first come, first serve basis.

Don't know if the discussions on these kits are still retrievable from the archives; I do recall some heated discussion. Some felt that these race kits (Ohlins fork and shock, Termi 2-1 plus race ECU and airbox-mod, belly-pan and fairing) should only be made available to people who actually race their SC's (on a track that is) and hold a race license.
When I called the good people at AMS and asked about this, the answer was ..... No, just a credit card will do :D

RonB

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Found this: http://www.advancedmotorsports.com/Ducati-Sport-Classic-Racing-Body-p/amsracekit1.htm

I wonder if they'd sell just the belly pan? And I wonder if a paint shop where I live could get anywhere close to the magnificent paint job on my Paul Smart?
They have had that add up for at least a year. I personally think that the asking price is ridiculous. I actually have one of these but it isn't for sale.

ThunderDuc has one that I believe is from a monster. Here are some pics that I hope will help you out. As you can see it has been modified to fit his Zard exhuast.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have one from the kit that DNA offered. No hardware but you can PM me an offer, shipping extra. I'll never use it.

You need to have the termi full system for it to work.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
we made a few that look much like these in carbon.
i could talk to my buddy and see if he wants to turn out a few more.
do a search with my user name and you'll see a few on my race bike.
They have had that add up for at least a year. I personally think that the asking price is ridiculous. I actually have one of these but it isn't for sale.

ThunderDuc has one that I believe is from a monster. Here are some pics that I hope will help you out. As you can see it has been modified to fit his Zard exhuast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts