Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And here is my reasoning. Two things. Its non stock. Some PO replaced the body work with carbon fiber. Then painted over the CF. While I am half Italian, it's painted red, white and green. Basically a big flag!

Now, I know I can simply re paint it, but I am having a hard time with even the thought of the CF.

Here is how nutty I am, the bike came with high mount CF exhaust, and I took the off to replace them with (gasp!)....STOCK cans!!!

Am I off my rocker?

Oh, and who wants to buy the CF cans?

LOL and possible the bodywork......

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
You know how there is matter and supposedly antimatter

I reckon we are the Duc equivalent!

I have changed to CF fairings.

I am going to paint them red, white and green.

I have high mount CF cans.

Off your rocker? No - each to their own. Oh well, maybe just a little bit:D

I am sure you will have no problems disposing of your goodies. There is a classified section on this site. Classifieds - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

·
Registered
506 Posts
To each their own. I take the OEM fairings off sometimes. Its kind of fun to drive around naked for a spell, but inevitably I put the fairings back on because red and white are teh sexxy!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have also kicked around the idea of a Monster bar set-up and round headlight. Kinda of a retro SportClassic?!? Is that an oxy-moron? :p

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have also kicked around the idea of a Monster bar set-up and round headlight. Kinda of a retro SportClassic?!? Is that an oxy-moron? :p
Your bike, do whatever you like and the rest be damned!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im gonna give it some thought. Im in the midst of another project right now anyhow. Got a 79 Sportster that is getting the XR treatment as we speak!

·
Registered
395 Posts
I consider my Monster to be the best looking naked bike of all time but I think without the fairings, and with parts to make it a proper naked bike, the '91-'97 SS's could be even better looking. The frames are absolutely gorgeous and the tank shape makes it even sexier.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, after searching and searching, I didn't find what I thought would be an answer that would have been easy to find.

What mm are the fork sliders? 50MM?

Need to know to buy headlight brackets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts