Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been about 5 years since i last came on this site....

Here my list of (poor) excuses....

I started a family and my precious 'sunny days only' Ducati got garaged and this is where it has stayed.

In that time i haven't ridden it - i know i know....im ashamed of myself too!

BUT....I have done all the things to it that i'd been wanting to do for many years but never had the time or money to do.

If any of you remember me, i had 2 ST4S's, a 2001 grey with red wheels and a 2005 new-shape in Red.

I had full unpainted carbon fairings for the Grey bike and a spattering of other performance bits.

After using the 2001 as my daily grind for 8 years or so, it finally gave up the ghost and I stripped it and sold all the parts individually as they were worth more that way (bike was mechanically knackered and very unreliable by this point).

I stored the Red 2005 and shelved all the good bits from the 2001 bike.

So whilst not riding the Duc (please be aware that i ride a VFR 800f every day to commute and have commuted every day for 15 years now) in the last 5 years, i've given the 2005 bike a little bit of bling and dumped a shit tonne of weight.

BST carbon Fiber wheels were the biggest expense but by God are they light!! These have been a dream of mine for over 10 years.

I've had the full set of carbon fairings painted to match the original artwork on the 2005 bike, but where the graphics used to be silver transfers, they are now glossed exposed carbon fiber from the fairings with silver highlights.

And ive given the carbon fiber mudguard a little makeover too.

Mix this with the performance parts i stole from the grey 2001 bike: ASV levers, DP titanium Open clutch cover , DP exhausts, DP titanium foot plate, DP fuel cap, DP clutch plate, and various other smaller DP parts.....this bike has now reached the culmination of my dreams and taken well over 10 years in the making. Its finally there and i'm finally in the position to begin riding it again.

Wheeled it out today and rode it .....

OMG i'd forgotten the joy this bike brings!

Took a few quick snaps (uploaded today) but i plan to really enjoy this bike over this summer.

I hope everyone has kept safe and well and i'm happy to be back on the Ducati again.

Take care. Tom

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-22 at 11.59.49.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-05-22 at 11.59.49 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-05-22 at 11.59.49 (3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-05-22 at 11.59.49 (2).jpeg

·
Premium Member
2004 Ducati ST3
95 Posts
Gorgeous! :love: What a fine ST! Your labor love has resulted in such remarkable sport touring bike that you should send Ducati some pictures of this beauty. Maybe they will be so inspired that they bring back a true sport touring model back into production.

·
Super Moderator
5,132 Posts
Welcome back Tom...and congrats on starting a family. I remember those days! Riding took a hit for a number of years!

·
Administrator
12,478 Posts
Hey ya Tom, so happy you have popped back in and I hope you stay around this time. Your bike is certainly looking pretty and so nice to hear of the renewed joy.

·
Still needs a life.
12,613 Posts
No excuse for staying away. Whether or not you are riding, you can always come here to unwind after a busy day when the kids have gone to bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts