Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
One Down, 8 to Go
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to give a shoutout to Beeline Moto GPS. I wanted something dead simple for my Monster, and it's just the ticket. It's small and does exactly what it says it will do and no more - show you where the next turn is. I have a Zumo on my Multistrada, but honestly, I think I prefer the Beeline. I don't need the distraction of reading a map - I just want to know which backroad to take and if I missed a turn. Observations, beyond the obvious form factor:
  • Easily visible, in all light conditions. I don't need glasses for distance ( I do for reading and middle distance) so I don't wear them riding, but had no issue seeing the beeline.
  • In-app route planning is good, importing complicated routes using Calimoto even better
  • I'm not one to blindly trust the nav, but through some one-lane goat trail roads it performed brilliantly. It kept me on course, despite the road turning back on itself several times. The turns weren't exactly intuitive with the "right" direction sometimes felt directionally totally wrong. The Beeline didn't miss a step.
  • The only place it didn't work for me was a 6 lane split with 3 freeway choices. That was probably more operator error but I guess the one improvement might be the name of your next road. Which I probably couldn't read anyway. But that's a nit.
Highly recommend!

Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle Motor vehicle

Reactions: bratling

·
Registered
Hypermotard 821
43 Posts
That link goes to some unrelated site.

·
Registered
2007 GT1000
136 Posts
I’ve had mine for about a year now and agree with your statements above; simple device with the route information you need. It was exactly what I was looking for when I bought it and I use mine regularly.

·
Premium Member
93 900ss,2019 Triumph 1200XE, 2017 CRF250L RALLY, 2003 F650GS DAKAR, 1993 KLR250, 1986 HONDA TLR20
370 Posts
Question can you get an audible tone or voice before your next turn through a BT headset?

·
One Down, 8 to Go
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There isn't a tone (I don't have Bluetooth speakers anyway), but it does give you a mileage countdown to the next turn which I find more useful than a voice/tone prompt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts