Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to tell all you guys that live it the Pacific Northwest....i am so jealous.

Out there on a business trip last week and couldnt get over how nice the area was. Hit Spokane, Portland, Eugene...drove through the mountains and had lunch on the coast with the sea lions in Lincoln and then drove up the coast and hit 18 back to Portland. The entire time i was driving my rental Grand Marquis all i could do was look in awe and wish i had my bike.

I need to visit again, rent a bike and hit the roads for a few days.

·
I yam what I yam
989 Posts
Nice people too!

If you do make it back, you might be interested in some great roads in northern California as well. I'd be happy to show you some.

I love that line below the photo in your signature. What/where/who is that from?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I just wanted to tell all you guys that live it the Pacific Northwest....i am so jealous......I need to visit again, rent a bike and hit the roads for a few days.
An awesome place indeed. I'm taking a car trip there with family next spring, but taking a Ducati on a trailer. Can't wait :) A variation on sport touring, touring via car, Ducati sportbike for well, sport.

Many great campgrounds on the Oregon coast. Probably Washington too, but I haven't seen them first hand yet.

·
Still needs a life.
12,598 Posts
Check out my reports in the Rides forum for photos of the PNW. A good resource for Oregon moto roads is Oregon Motorcyclist:
http://oregonmotorcyclist.com/

My buddy Randy has lots of videos of PNW roads on his website. Look for my late red 04-ST4s with the bright yellow AWACS trunk in some of them.
http://www.nwmotorcycleriders.com/

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
And you didn't even see any of the California coastline... I've ridden from Hearst Castle(90 or so miles south of Monterey) all the way up to the OR, WA border along the coast, and a bit inland through crater lake, deschutes forest, etc... You could easily spend a month from the Canadian border riding aimlessly south....

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Take your bike and ride out there. There is so much beauty in this country. You will never regret the trip.

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Aside from Scott's Bridgeport ride, I'm planning one or two sport tour rides I hope to do before the new year. The first is to do the newly opened Angeles Crest Trail and the second is a 3 day run exploring northwest and northcentral California. I hope to camp on the second ride and at this time I've been looking around for a good 3 person dome tent and a couple other key items. I'm looking forward to Winter so I can finally plan on doing Death Valley, camping is the way to go there in order to save money. If I do one other ride before the new year I'll say its mission accomplished.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I do admit, out of my 7 yrs in Olympia,WA, I enjoyed MANY trips on the bikes. Rides to SIR, Mount St. Helens, Mt. Rainer, rides down to San Francisco.....Loved em!!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
To BillA, very nice links and I hope you're healing well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice people too!

If you do make it back, you might be interested in some great roads in northern California as well. I'd be happy to show you some.

I love that line below the photo in your signature. What/where/who is that from?
Thank you for the offer....i would love to take you up on that sometime. As far as the quote goes....i think it was from Budda...but i am not sure. A friend of mine told me that once and it is something i try to work at daily. Keeps me out of trouble:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I live just outside of Portland, in Beaverton, Oregon. I just finished a long leisurely ride through the West Hills overlooking Portland. Everything is beautiful and green and the temp is perfect...not too hot, not too cold. The only downside is that in another month or so, it will be too cold in the early mornings to ride into work (in my regular gear) and a month after that, the rain will be frequent. I enjoy it while it lasts though. :)

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
while it has nothing to do with streetbikes,was out exploring on the trials bike this weekend and still found the sights breathtaking.(vancouver island)

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts