Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Beast R Intake Kit Measurements

1471 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  colacin
This was requested on another thread-

Filter:
K&N bottom stamp reads FU31H6
Total height, incl. rubber boot: 170mm
Rubber boot at bottom, where the clamp goes, height: 19mm
Height of filter media,incl the top cap but not the rubber ring at the bottom: 143mm
Outer diameter of the rubber boot at the bottom: 89mm
Inner diameter of the rubber boot at the bottom: 79mm
Outer diameter of the base(largest part, measured at the rubber ring at the base of media) of the filter media: 126mm
Outer diameter of the top cap of the filter: 89mm

Velocity stack:
Total height:48mm
Outer diameter of the top part (the flared end): 92.6mm
Outer diameter of the part that goes into the intake: 59mm
Inner diameter of the part that goes into the intake: 51.6mm
Height of the part that goes into the intake:10mm
Outer diameter of the flange at the bottom: 92mm
Outer diameter just above the flange: 79.4mm

I haven't been able to force the damn stacks into the filters without thinking I'm going to destroy the filter... any other info needed before I have another go at inserting the stacks?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
266 Posts
Thanks for the detail!! I just might use your response as an example of "attention to detail." :D

Dukepilot mentioned in the "other thread" (http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=53731) to heat the filter seal with a hair dryer and then insert the filter into the stack. Sounds like a winning idea to me.

· Eat, sleep, play!
1,164 Posts
Colacin, thanks for taking time to do the measurements. I'm going to find a 3" Fujita Filter F5300S to try on for size. Its a little taller but I think it may fit.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No worries, guys. I probably have a month or more of downtime on the hyper while I get the exhaust coated and make up my mind on the cams and a few other bits and pieces.

nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.