Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Just down the road from my hometown!

You also might head down 218 for some tight twisties and good photo shots along the river.

I heard Perkins Memorial Dr. was closed (maybe just the tower), but nice place to stop and check out the view (pending visibility).

Have fun! Be good!

Dana

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am seroiusly considering it. I will post up if I am coming.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Just down the road from my hometown!

You also might head down 218 for some tight twisties and good photo shots along the river.

I heard Perkins Memorial Dr. was closed (maybe just the tower), but nice place to stop and check out the view (pending visibility).

Have fun! Be good!

Dana
I was going to suggest 218 haven't rode it yet but I hear good things.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am seroiusly considering it. I will post up if I am coming.
JR- Let me know. I'll meet up with you and we'll ride up together. Maybe even pick up Raiden on the way!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lunch? It's just over the bridge on the west side of the river:

The Cafe @ Rockwell Cycles is now open seven days, managed by renowned local chef Perry. Besides the great coffee, and baked goods, we have added a lunch menu.

Italiano Combo on a Roll, Red Peppers L-T-O-Seasoned Dressing $4.50
Turkey wrap B-L-T w/mayo $4.25
Chicken Caesar Salad, Tossed Greens, Croutons $4.95
Summer Salad, Tossed Greens, Garnish, Potato Salad, Topped w/Devil Egg Salad $4.95
Chicken Malano Grinder, on Sub (served hot, packed w/ Red Peppers, fresh Mozzarella, and Seasoned Dressing

The weekend weather is forecast to be dry, stop by, have lunch, meet new friends, have fun. Hope you can make it.

Yours truly, Nick (Rockwell Cycles, owner)

·
Registered
327 Posts
JR- Let me know. I'll meet up with you and we'll ride up together. Maybe even pick up Raiden on the way!
Charlie,

Where do you want to meet up? Phil and I are coming from Exit 8 on the NJ Turnpike.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Which way do you take to Bear mountain? I live right off exit 6 on 684. I got 2 way's , my favorite way is the long way 22 to 6 to 310 then 9d a big loop but nice twisties. or the more direct way is 35 to Bear mountain state pkwy. to 6.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which way do you take to Bear mountain? I live right off exit 6 on 684. I got 2 way's , my favorite way is the long way 22 to 6 to 310 then 9d a big loop but nice twisties. or the more direct way is 35 to Bear mountain state pkwy. to 6.
I was thinking of coming over the Tappan Zee and meeting up with you in Westchester somewhere.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Charlie,

Where do you want to meet up? Phil and I are coming from Exit 8 on the NJ Turnpike.
I guess it'll depend on whether Raiden wants to ride up with us. If yes, I'd say Palisades Mall in West Nyack, NY.

If not, I'd suggest somewhere on Rt. 17 in NJ.

Either way, we should plan to meet around 9:15.

Finalize tomorrow...

Charlie

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I was thinking of coming over the Tappan Zee and meeting up with you in Westchester somewhere.
I can meet you where and whenever. Once you get to Westchester which way do you take to Bear Mountain? Just wondering so I can figure a good place to meet up. I know you said you need to be there at 10:00 so my back road way will probably take to long unless you want to meet early. I'll leave the ball in your court.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JR, Raiden (et. al.),

Let's plan to meet in front of the Home Depot at the Palisades Center Mall around 9:15AM.
(Point 'A' on this map is the main entrance, Home Depot is on the westernmost side of the building)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...011732&sspn=0.011191,0.01929&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palisades_mall

To meet up with the others at 10:00,AM we need to LEAVE Palisades at 9:30AM.

Let's take Rt. 59 to the Palisades Parkway, to the Bear Mountain Bridge. We can take the twisties and side rides back down, on the way home, after the BM run. I am meeting up with another guy from NJ and one from Queens, so it'll be easier to meet at the mall to start. Going home- they can do what they like.

Sound like a plan?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'll meet you guys at Bear Mountain It will be easier for me. Same "A" spot from post #1 at 10:00 correct?

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I can't make it. Sorry Charlie!:(

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can't make it. Sorry Charlie!:(
Well, I'll be sitting at the Home Depot from 9:15-9:30 if your plans change.

PS- I just received my e-mail from CSS for 8/11.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts