Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with either motorcycle mall or Washington cycle works in NJ for tuning bazzaz or pcv on dyno?

I like wcw's small shop over motomall dealer, feels more personal, but I heard they just load your bike with a map and test on dyno and not custom tune.

·
Premium Member
4,370 Posts
I suggest you look into rapidbike instead. It has some self mapping features you might like. Yes a dyno tuned base map is better but with the rapid bike it keeps trimming while you ride so It should keep the tune instead of a PC that does not adapt with changes (temperature,baro pressure or engine temp) .

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Check out the reviews of the motorcycle mall before you have service done there.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yikes.

On rapidbike, ive been reading about the system but I already have the bazzaz installed and am decently happy with it but was hoping to have it tuned professionally.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I suggest you look into rapidbike instead. It has some self mapping features you might like. Yes a dyno tuned base map is better but with the rapid bike it keeps trimming while you ride so It should keep the tune instead of a PC that does not adapt with changes (temperature,baro pressure or engine temp) .

Any piggy back system like the PC does still make changes based on temp/altitude/engine temp because the stock ECU is still there doing its normal functions.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Yikes.

..... I already have the bazzaz installed and am decently happy with it but was hoping to have it tuned professionally.
Have you thought about the Bazzaz Auto Tuning Module, or whatever they call it. It was about $300. Its what I had, and it produced the smoothest tune of any I had, including a custom map by a top guy. I had more peak hp at highest rpms with the custom tune, but the auto tune sure was nice. Also, I'd call Bazzaz and see if they have anyone they recommend in your area for the custom tune.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey proheli. I used my friends auto tune but find the suggestions of the module to be different and vary each time I map it. Perhaps his sensor is going.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
That's the point. It suggests changes, you apply for them, repeat until the selected AFR is reached or you like the way the bike runs. It does not make the changes for you.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea what I mean some days it tells me to add +10 and after I apply changes on next day same cells now tells me to take -15 away for example. The swings seem a bit much

·
Registered
140 Posts
Stay clear of MM..... if you don't believe me just Google them.

There are TONS of terrible reviews for them.

I am not anywhere near that dealership but I've heard more bad things about them than any other dealer since joining motorcycle forums in general.

--Randy

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
You're in NYC, I know you've heard this before , take it to ECS.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll check with them (Ecs)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts