Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone think Spies will do the business in his Moto Gp debut in the year's last race?

·
Registered
255 Posts
If he did I would be shocked. There is alot of really fast people wanting to end the season on a winning note. And 2 of them have the same bike that Spies does.......

·
9,757 Posts
He'll be a top ten finisher in Valencia for sure, but we'll see. I think this wildcard ride will be more about getting some extra testing done before the official winter tests.

I'm more interested in next year. The depth of talent is going to be immense. I think 10th place is going to be the new 5th place.

Look at it this way, in addition to the four we're gonna have:

- Melandri on a factory Honda (remember what a tour de force he was last time he rode for Gresini?)
- Simoncelli on a similar Honda (IIRC Gresini only gets one factory bike and it's Melandri's)
- Aoyama (I bet Honda gives him a factory bike seeing as he's gonna be the only Japanese rider in the premier class)
- Bautista (granted he'll be riding a suzuki)
- Barbera (granted he'll be riding a private Duc)

Furthermore, it is looking like Dovizioso is going to have an amazing crew next year. I read on motomatters.com that HRC is hiring the two engineers responsible for the Yamaha M1's electronics. There is also speculation that they may hire Daniele Romagnoli as Dovi's crew chief, and that Honda might start using a Magnetti-Marelli ECU. I think all the Honda riders are going to be very strong next year.

So yeah, if Spies can finish top 5 next year that'll be an amazing feat.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i don't know man... Motogp is a whole new ball game compared to WSBK...

i hope he can get a top 5... but the field in Motogp is getting deeper by the year... Valencia will be awesome for sure.. but next year is looking like a lot of fun...

would love to see Ben get in a fight for third with Jorge and Pedrosa... but what i'm really hoping for is the heavy weight fight... Stoner and Rossi... nothing to loose boys.... bring it on....

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
I think top 5, hope for podium, can't see a win unless Stoner and Rossi take each other out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am actually thinking Jorge will win this one......or spread M1 parts across the countryside trying. He will want to go in to the offseason with a win to strengthen his argument for a shared #1 slot at Yamaha.

·
Registered
765 Posts
He'll be a top ten finisher in Valencia for sure, but we'll see. I think this wildcard ride will be more about getting some extra testing done before the official winter tests.

I'm more interested in next year. The depth of talent is going to be immense. I think 10th place is going to be the new 5th place.

- Melandri on a factory Honda (remember what a tour de force he was last time he rode for Gresini?)
- Simoncelli on a similar Honda (IIRC Gresini only gets one factory bike and it's Melandri's)
- Aoyama (I bet Honda gives him a factory bike seeing as he's gonna be the only Japanese rider in the premier class)

Furthermore, it is looking like Dovizioso is going to have an amazing crew next year. I read on motomatters.com that HRC is hiring the two engineers responsible for the Yamaha M1's electronics. There is also speculation that they may hire Daniele Romagnoli as Dovi's crew chief, and that Honda might start using a Magnetti-Marelli ECU. I think all the Honda riders are going to be very strong next year.

WAIT WAit WAit , I must be living under a rock. Is Spies riding in Valencia ? this week end ?
Please post a link to this info ?

·
Registered
630 Posts

I agree. Spies was top ten in his previous wildcard rides last year and he should be on a better bike at Valencia. But like you said this will be more of a test than for race results.

Top five will be tough in 2010 but if the satellite M-1 is good next year (and there's no reason to think it won't) I think he will have as good a shot as anyone else. I think the fight for who comes in fifth next year is going o be entertaining.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I say top 5, he has to be edwards to set the record straight for next season. ;)
I think Spies will beat Edwards next year, no question.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think if Spies just stay away from Hayden (who seemed to have very bad luck during 1st turn), and stay away from the crashes, he might shock the world what he is capable of.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I think if Spies just stay away from Hayden (who seemed to have very bad luck during 1st turn), and stay away from the crashes, he might shock the world what he is capable of.
Hayden's only problems with turn 1 have been the idiots running into him.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
not to sure about the Valencia race. Just watch both of the WSBK races again , and it looked like Spies was having a tough time with the ducs
who won valencia last year ?
WSBK in Valencia wasn't that bad this year for Spies as far as pace.. 1st race dnf ... which sucked of course.. but he finished 2nd behind Haga in race 2 I do believe... that's not too bad...

and as far as Valencia last year for Motogp?... shame on you my friend....
Stoner hands down... followed by Pedrosa and Rossi...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts