Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:I'm not sure where to post this, so if it needs to be moved, those with the power can move it.

I found a large, about 6 ft tall, Bayliss poster in a picture of a Ducati store. I am not sure where the store was located since it was just a random picture that a friend sent to me. It has Bayliss turning a corner on his WSBK 1198. It almost looks like a hanging banner. If anyone can tell me where I can get it, please let me know. It looks like it would go well in the garage or Ducati room:D

·
Registered
970 Posts
I think you mean the promo banner we received as dealers for the launch of the 1198S.
There is a nice Bayliss poster that looks like this shot

and then the vertical 6' that has him on the same bike digging through a corner..
Posters are available, the vertical banners we are charged around $300 for.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not quite it

Dave-

Thanks for the reply. Actually the one that I saw has him on his WSBK with the final round paint job on it. You are correct in the fact that he is going through a corner and that it is a 6' tall banner.
Is there a catalogue that only dealers get to chose from for store displays? Is there anything that is open to the public to purchase?
Thanks for your time.

·
9,757 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I was doing some more research on the web and I found this banner. Does anyone know where to get it?
Thanks.
Now THAT one is sweet...I totally want one too!

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Ducati Italy sent me a beautiful vinyl banner with Troys picture on it. It was for being a club president. I immediately hung it in my garage.

Off the subject, but I've always liked the racer's leathers, I wish they were available to the general public. I like all the sponser names and different color schemes. Looks expensive to duplicate.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
To me Bayliss always looked a part of the Xerox 999...it was a great fit for him and the livery was ten times better than that of the 1098R.
Speaking of posters-let the dealer know you would like to have it if he decides to take it down...I'm eyeing one at FBF if it comes down.
You never know!:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Try posting the picture you were sent. Almost all of us around here hang around the local dealer to check out goodies enough and ask if we see the same one.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I don't recall seeing the Bayliss on his SBK livery, though that memory is only worth a cup of coffee. I do have the 6' banner of him on an 1198S, going through the corner. I have to say that one is going home with me in two weeks after we move. :D

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Bayliss' race bike was painted up like the Bayliss edition 1098R for one race (well, both races in that round, I guess)...was it the last race in '08, in Portimao?

·
Bon Vivant
11,021 Posts
I have a friend who works for a large graphics print shop - they do the tails of the Frontier planes, wraps for vehicles, race cars etc.

They got some work for a local Duc dealership to print some banners. The people from Ducati were VERY security sensitive - to a point where people had to leave the building when some of the items were being printed. Files had to be destroyed, very few people were allowed to work on the projects. and ducati made it very clear that NONE of the prints could be duplicated and the public was not allowed to have any prints.

These were just store banners - no new models or anything the public had not already seen before but Ducati did not want their store banners out in the public.

I seriously doubt you will be able to buy any dealer banners that are current.

·
Registered
71 Posts
A friend in the industry gave me this earlier this year. :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts