Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
WOW, I kinda guessed Bayliss couldn't just retire... He's the type of guy who needs to win constantly. He's use to winning, he wants to win and he's gonna win.

As the article says, he's bound by a contract from Ducati. I don't think he'd wanna race on another team anyhow, his mechanics are what makes him sing and he knows that. I had kinda guessed that the reason for Bayliss's retirement at the end of 08 was due to Spies entry in 09. Maybe now that Spies is not coming back next season, Bayliss knows he has a chance at another title.

Tardozzi is so funny though... Wouldn't it be awesome if Tardozzi and Bayliss did their own thing next season? ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
9,757 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
I think this is Italian media garbage.

Same as the time they were building up the non-existant race between Rossi and Bayliss.

Lets face it, Bayliss is a 40 year old father with a family that has just resettled in Australia, and he retired on the highest note possible. There's no way he would want to come back.
Kind of feel the same way. My coverage of the story 'Bayliss Itching to Get Back in the Saddle?' is here

·
Registered
255 Posts
WOW, I kinda guessed Bayliss couldn't just retire... He's the type of guy who needs to win constantly. He's use to winning, he wants to win and he's gonna win.

As the article says, he's bound by a contract from Ducati. I don't think he'd wanna race on another team anyhow, his mechanics are what makes him sing and he knows that. I had kinda guessed that the reason for Bayliss's retirement at the end of 08 was due to Spies entry in 09. Maybe now that Spies is not coming back next season, Bayliss knows he has a chance at another title.
Tardozzi is so funny though... Wouldn't it be awesome if Tardozzi and Bayliss did their own thing next season? ;)
You actually think that Bayliss ran scared from Spies? :rolleyes:That definitely doesnt sound like a Bayliss move.....

·
comrade moderator
26,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, let me make sure I'm reading this right: You are actually suggesting Bayliss ran away so as to not have to face Spies?

Holy Smokes, man. Do you ever come up for air??...ROFL!!!

·
9,757 Posts
Well, who would quit right when a HUGE new foe was about to arrive? I mean, he didn't even get to taut around the #1 badge at all!

I agree that Bayliss probably won't ever go back to WSBK on a full-time basis. But at the same time, you've gotta remember, he's bee doing this for such a long time, he misses being in the paddock and all the rewards racing brings.

Bayliss already past up 3 opportunities to ride a Ducati this season, so thats evidence enough he won't be coming back.
OMG dude he announced his retirement at the beginning of the season, saying he only wanted to win a third championship on a third ducati. And since when is he scared of competition? The man has raced against Rossi himself. I don't even think Spies was a dust speck in Bayliss' radar at the time.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
923 Posts
i wish troy coulda been around to steal it away from that queer texan.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I love SBK. I was just hoping Haga would have a good shot at it this year.

·
Flying Brit
1,815 Posts
You actually think that Bayliss ran scared from Spies? :rolleyes:That definitely doesnt sound like a Bayliss move.....
Not only is he a gentleman but I would say he isn't scared of anything or anyone!

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ok, here are my thoughts:

1. Tye, you are full of shit...........Bayliss scared of Spies.......pure BS.
2. Bayliss come back on Aprilia? Another BS, why would he bother with a slower bike.
3. Bayliss needs to get permission from Kim (wife) to do the comeback, and she is gonna say "NO", unless he gets the divorce, which is very unlikely.
4. Bayliss is 40 years old, sitting on payroll with Ducati, doing all those things that Carl Fogarty wished he could be doing for Ducati, or any other reitired Ducati rider in this case.
5. Bayliss isn't short on money.
6. Bayliss likes to win, but don't like to wear the #1 plate.
7. He is just too old for this shit...........

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Troy only stayed racing in 2008 so he could try out the new bike and make amends for the travesty that was the 2007 season. Kim just wants the best for Troy. He took a year off and I don't blame him for wanting it back.

Gossip in the WSBK paddock is a bloody rash. People see Bayliss talking to key players and assume he's gonna be back in the saddle next weekend. When I see Bayliss on the bike during a race, thats the only time I will admit he's actually back. For the time being, he's just another ex-rider looking for a way back into the addiction.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had kinda guessed that the reason for Bayliss's retirement at the end of 08 was due to Spies entry in 09. Maybe now that Spies is not coming back next season, Bayliss knows he has a chance at another title.

HUH?? Not a chance.
Do you really think that Troy Bayliss thinks that way? He probably never even heard of Spies mid last year much less worried about him.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts