Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1198S and wanted to put BAX9 led bulbs in. They have them online auction. Stupid idea?

Another thing, my 1198S has 150 miles on it and we discovered a factory defect in gas tank. Installer overtorqued or crossthreaded a screw which attaches sthe mounting clip to the tank, and created a hairline crack that the big thumper enlarged after short use.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have an 1198S and wanted to put BAX9 led bulbs in. They have them online auction. Stupid idea?

Another thing, my 1198S has 150 miles on it and we discovered a factory defect in gas tank. Installer overtorqued or crossthreaded a screw which attaches sthe mounting clip to the tank, and created a hairline crack that the big thumper enlarged after short use.
First the easy one:

A fuel tank leak is a warranty issue get Ducati to fix it.

Light bulbs, what do you want to use the bulb for? If it is the indicators, then you will need to either place a resistor in parrallel with the bulb or replace the flasher with an electronic version to prevent the flash rate becomming very fast.

Secondly led bulbs are quire directional with a very narrow spread so unless you're looking directly at the source they can be quite difficult to see in daylight - consider this when placeing them, you don't need to be involved in an accident with the excuse "I didn't see his lights officer".

Andrew...
Andrew...

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I'll take it that you want to use the BAX9 on the parking light sockets, I had them on my 1098 and was a good mod., just remember when you put them in that one of the sockets, I can't remember L or R has a reversed polarity, wich means you have to pull the 2 spade connectors on the socket and invert them, easier to do it than to explain but don't think you have a burnt out bulb when you put them in, not likely!
The gas tank is a warranty issue, I wouldn't touch it, just get the dealer on it!
Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts