Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The storage facility where I keep my track bikes doesn't have power so I carry 2 batteries back & forth to keep them on Tenders when not at the track. That sucks....

I want to consolidate and have just ONE battery that I can use for both bikes....

My 1999/2000 Mille has a YUSA MFYTX14-BS battery (still stock) that puts out 14 amps and 200 CCA - from the various battery websites, it can also use one that puts out 12 amps with 180 CCA.

I was looking to buy the AMG YTZ7S battery for my 1999 748.... It's a good size/weight and even with only 130 CCA, it seems to be popular with 996 Ducs - so it actually can power things up on a full liter twin... Am I crazy to use the YTZ7S on the Mille or can I use a 12 amp 180 CCA Mille Battery on the 748?

I'll check the terminal posts but I believe that they will work even with the heavy duty Duc cables from Moto Wheels - I'll just need to get creative with the Duc's battery holder...

·
Super Moderator
8,381 Posts
As long as it fits, you should be ok.

I run a Yuasa 7amp battery on my 748SP that has a higher compression then a "stock" 748, so turn-over shouldn´t be a problem. Atleast not on the 748. The Mille i have no idea on.

//amullo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.