Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether on a Hyper or other Duc, does pulling the battery out, then reinstalling cause the instrument panel to reset in km or anything other than what it was prior to pulling the battery? And if so, is it quick to resst back?

Where I live there is no electricity in the garage, and I will need to pull the batt from time to time to refresh it on a tender upstairs. Thanks for all relpies.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Don't know if you'll clear the dash, but most likely you will. How about moving the bike closer to the house, using a extension cord and the Battery Tender quick connector to charge the battery. Or you could just ride the bike more :p

·
Registered
74 Posts
Whether on a Hyper or other Duc, does pulling the battery out, then reinstalling cause the instrument panel to reset in km or anything other than what it was prior to pulling the battery? And if so, is it quick to resst back?

Where I live there is no electricity in the garage, and I will need to pull the batt from time to time to refresh it on a tender upstairs. Thanks for all relpies.
No. At most you should lose your correct time on the clock.

I replaced my battery - thought the other was dead (issue related to wires getting roughed-up and shorting out fuzes) and after hooking up the new battery, everything was as it was before. Just had to change the clock to current time.

Lee
08 Ducati HyperMotard
08 BMW R1200 GS Adventure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts