Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am coming from a BMW which requires a special battery charger/tender to maintain the battery. Does a 2016 Multistrada require the ducati tender/charger or can I use a battery tender Junior?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm not 100% on the Multi but if there is a battery tender connection under the seat it's bound to be the Ducati specific one like the rest. You can buy a Ducati to SAE adapter cable on Amazon that will allow you to use a Battery Tender/Battery Tender Junior though

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Tecmate-OptiMATE-CABLE-Adapter-DUCATI/dp/B00HHPBF46/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546399442&sr=8-1&keywords=ducati+to+sae[/ame]

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Ducati dealer here in Sydney installs the Junior by default. So I’d be quite confident in stating that no special Ducati one is needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm using a BT bought at Costco, on my 2016 Multi PP. The terminal was installed at the dealership. It work as intended.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
i use the standard battery tender. more durable and you can use it in other bikes too. just add the included pigtail by connecting it directly to the battery.

You can buy more pigtails for your other bikes.

The mts unlike the monster battery is easily accessed through the seat.

Good luck

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi All,

I am coming from a BMW which requires a special battery charger/tender to maintain the battery. Does a 2016 Multistrada require the ducati tender/charger or can I use a battery tender Junior?

Thanks in advance.
I've used the Tender Jr for all my bikes, including the MTSE, and have not had any issues.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm not 100% on the Multi but if there is a battery tender connection under the seat it's bound to be the Ducati specific one like the rest. You can buy a Ducati to SAE adapter cable on Amazon that will allow you to use a Battery Tender/Battery Tender Junior though

http://www.amazon.com/Tecmate-OptiM...&qid=1546399442&sr=8-1&keywords=ducati+to+sae
wondering if the multi has this ducati-specific connection. i already added a pigtail to the battery, but curious anyway.

·
Registered
318 Posts
wondering if the multi has this ducati-specific connection. i already added a pigtail to the battery, but curious anyway.
My '13 came from the factory with that connection.

·
Registered
20 Posts
this is what I have for my mts and ktm. battery is easy to access. just remove the seats

I also have the optimate for
my monster 12. battery is hard to access thus I connected this to my monsters ducati plug under the seat

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts