Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow riders. Spring is in the air here in Canada, and it's time to get back on two wheels! I seem to have, um, misplaced the 1/4-turn locking pin that retains the battery cover / lower front left fairing on my 2009 MTS 1100S. Not sure where it went, as it wasn't with the bike or the fairing when I went to put it on after charging up my battery and installing it for the season this past weekend.

My dealer informs me that this part ships from Italy and has a 6-week delivery time (like so many duc parts). Does anyone know if this is a standard Dzus fastener pin like the ones on superbike fairings? Or if there's a substitute that will work?

The ducati p/n is 850.5.001.1A.

I may have to attach the cover using a healthy amount of duct tape while I patiently wait for my lovingly hand-crafted pin to arrive from Borgo Panigale...

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Check Ebay, I bought them in the past and depending on the manufacture they may be a tad longer, you can add a plastic washer to space and done, much cheaper than the one you posted.
They're just dzus!

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's a Dzus fastener. Just measure the pin length and order it off Amazon.ca and you'll have it in a couple days.
Any bike shop that works on race bikes will have them as well.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,292 Posts
Post you inquiry over on Multistrada.net. That's where all the air cooled guys hang out. Someone over there (Mattel) may have one to send you.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Post you inquiry over on Multistrada.net. That's where all the air cooled guys hang out. Someone over there (Mattel) may have one to send you.
Thanks, I did shoot an email to Eddie (Mattel) directly to see if he had one, plus ordered 2 off Amazon for $12 free shipping that looked about the right size. 1/4" dia, 3/4" long seems to be the most popular size when people are talking about fairing fasteners.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Thanks, I did shoot an email to Eddie (Mattel) directly to see if he had one, plus ordered 2 off Amazon for $12 free shipping that looked about the right size. 1/4" dia, 3/4" long seems to be the most popular size when people are talking about fairing fasteners.
Here's a name I haven't heard in a while, I wonder if he still has my '12 pikes peak!

·
North Carolina, USA
3,292 Posts
Here's a name I haven't heard in a while, I wonder if he still has my '12 pikes peak!
Last I heard he still had it. I rode it a couple years ago when we swapped bikes and rode 'The Snake' in Virginia. Nice bike.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts