Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wanted to share share something I recently discovered. The Barometric Pressure Sensor on my 2002 998 (Ducati P/N 552.4.031.1A, #2 in attached photo) failed, and as some of you may already know, Ducati wants $225 for the replacement. There's a Magneti Marelli part number on the sensor--T-PRT05/A--and it turns out this particular sensor is spec'd as the Manifold Air Pressure Sensor for several Fiat cars. The Fiat part numbers that correspond to this sensor are:

By searching these part numbers, I was able to find the sensor on eBay for about $20. The part I bought is generic, but it's been working fine in my bike so far--no DTCs and the bike runs great. Anyway, if people don't mind the fact that it's not a genuine Ducati part, it's an easy way to save about 200 bucks.

Ian

Attachments

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Nice find. Had to replace one on a Volvo I had for $150 but never occurred to me to look for the same part on another brand car.

How did you determine the problem? ECU code?

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Citron ignition coils are the same as Benelli Tornado coils but a tenth of the price.
Fiat and Renault us the same tps as some Ducati's.
Yamaha have öhlins fork seals at something like $15 as opposed to $100+ from Ducati.
Lots of interchangeable bit that cross reference to Ducati if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Citron ignition coils are the same as Benelli Tornado coils but a tenth of the price.
Fiat and Renault us the same tps as some Ducati's.
Yamaha have öhlins fork seals at something like $15 as opposed to $100+ from Ducati.
Lots of interchangeable bit that cross reference to Ducati if you look hard enough.
Yeah it's amazing how much money you can save if you're willing to do a little digging

1 - 6 of 6 Posts