Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me wich one will last longer,a Barnett basket with steel inserts or an EVR 48t basket?

·
Mr Leakered
8,820 Posts
Very few folks have used the 48t setup. The word was that it does eventually get noisy also. The big deal is that you are tied to EVR for packs down the road.

I'd stick with the 12t kits and the quiet clutch mod. One easy option is to find a low miles, used SBK clutch for cheap. They were usually ditched with little miles for an expensive slipper setup. That may become a rarity as the dry clutch went extinct with the Panigale.

A couple years ago, I scored a use SBK basket, hub, pack, and parts for $250. Unlike most aftermarket parts, the OEM Duc alloy clutches are really good parts. It took me a while to learn that lesson.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I did the same as Tony. Slightly used set for my ST2. The newer DUC dry clutches are even an AL basket, so even more bling.
Any 748, 996, 998, 1089, 1198 bigger Monsters, SS's, all will fit

Reactions: tonered

·
Mr Leakered
8,820 Posts
I did the same as Tony. Slightly used set for my ST2. The newer DUC dry clutches are even an AL basket, so even more bling.
Any 748, 996, 998, 1089, 1198 bigger Monsters, SS's, all will fit
+1

I thought the SBK reference would have covered the alloy aspect, but you are spot on. It is hard anodized also, if I am correct.

I believe the ST2 and ST4 were the last use of the steel baskets?

With several thousand miles on my used set up, it still looks new due to the QC mod.

In a comparison, the Procutting basket is much lighter than the Duc alloy basket. But the Procutting basket can't do the QC mod and was beat up by the time the Sureflex pack was done with it. The fingers are too deep. The steel basket could be used for weightlifting.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks fot the anwsers. i've been looking for a used set up for a month but couldn't find any thing that looks ok or tha is in the price range of an Barnett basket or na EVR basket. i can get both set-ups for ca. 350 $ with plates,thats why i am asking...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts