Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
neat video. essentially an infomercial for those detailing products but really great back story. the guy said he was thrilled to get the job ... no kidding! .... detailing three hundred cars that haven't seen the light of day in at least thirty years? hells yea, baby ... that has to be a one year long job ... nice contract!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Over 1,000 cars total in three buildings, 300 just in this one - part 2 of the video is up, no cleaning, just wandering the stacks. I saw over 2 dozen cars that are hitting $1,000,000 at auctions,...

·
Administrator
12,247 Posts
I have been following all of this on Youtube because I enjoy detailing cars and follow their channel. It is pretty darn cool stuff.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I'd like to erase the term 'barn find' from history, please. This isn't one, even if the term could be applied to others.

I think this is not a lot more than click bait. Why half-'detail' a car that won't get the other half done for weeks/months? Any prospective buyer will either want it left filthy and clean it their way or they'll want spic and span. The latter will allegedly happen but, not until who knows how many other cars are moved out so the Bizz can be brought outside. Just makes no sense doing what they did other than getting clicks.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I agree there was a lot of click bait cleaning in the first vid (which I found interesting anyway) - see the second one. And the correct term for that building is "pole barn",... "Billionaire vehicle hoard" doesn't have the same ring to it as barn find.

I hope you are not suggesting that someone who drops $1,000,000 on an old red Ferrari wants it filthy ? Nah, they aren't going to clean it up in their driveway, they would hire a pro like these guys to spiff it up anyway. And their other videos show the complete work up on some of their previous customers. It will take years to finish this project, for sure some will be sold as is.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
My point is, it's not been 'found'. The owner's alive, he put the car there, knows it's there. Nobody bought an estate and found this thing. 'find' has been perverted over the last several years. That's where I'm coming from.

As for who buys things in certain ways, I'd prefer it be left as it was 'found' and let 'my people' clean it. Others may want it as perfect as possible. So, my point was why post a video of a 'detail' job that couldn't be completed because the car's trapped for a not-insignificant amount of time? Clicks. That's all.

Bizzarrini, not a Ferrari (that's one next to it though).

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forget about the dust and cleaning, there are some seriously desirable cars stashed away in this place! 288GTO is worth 3 million. And this is building one of three, Holly said building three is smaller but with the fully restored driving cars. This building had a number of kit cars, and obviously cars that restoration had been started when they were bought, but not by the current owner. And I see those big block motors are the ones bought in an auction in Wisconsin fairly recently, so I wonder if that is a clue as to who owns all these? And the Aurora GM race car was purchased recently also, 1 of two and the second one is in their museum at GM.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
... And I see those big block motors are the ones bought in an auction in Wisconsin fairly recently, so I wonder if that is a clue as to who owns all these? And the Aurora GM race car was purchased recently also, 1 of two and the second one is in their museum at GM.
... let's hope wherever those buildings are isn't anywhere near the flooding near the great lakes. parts of michigan are near ten feet underwater today ... some sort of "500 year flood" thing. it would be a total shame to have protected those cars for thirty years only to have some of them ruined in a flood.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I'm finding a lot of connections to some of these cars, I may have figured out who it is. I saw this car sold, one of two. And no, Midland is too poor of a place these days to have rich folk like this hoarding, I grew up there.
... water has a tendency to flow, perhaps there are other places the flooding could reach? ... i just hope this enormous treasure isn't in the path of the flooding. 'nuff said. :)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I'm finding a lot of connections to some of these cars, I may have figured out who it is. I saw this car sold, one of two. And no, Midland is too poor of a place these days to have rich folk like this hoarding, I grew up there.

... plate on that camaro .... ??

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, now I see why you mentioned Michigan, that car was sold by Tom Monaghan, former owner of Detroit Tigers, the Domino Pizza guy. I've seen lots of his cars at the Meadowbrook Concours d'Elegance years ago in Michigan, really rare Bugatti was very special.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm freaking out wondering what is in building #3, the one with the road ready restored "best cars of the collection"?

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Nice!
Can you tell us the story behind this find?
One of my customers owed the bike and just stopped riding. Left it for 10 years In the back yard. Didn’t want it and said I could have it. So I went and picked it up he wanted no money for it and gave me a 125 Aprilia scooter to go with it. What a bargain.👍😄

1 - 20 of 21 Posts