Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Señor Member
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone planning to attend this year's Barber Vintage Festival? I know there are several on here that have been. Now that I've completed my Norton project I'm making plans to attend. For those that have been, what should I be looking to do? My plan is to arrive in town on the Friday before, start heading back on Monday.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Anyone planning to attend this year's Barber Vintage Festival? I know there are several on here that have been. Now that I've completed my Norton project I'm making plans to attend. For those that have been, what should I be looking to do? My plan is to arrive in town on the Friday before, start heading back on Monday.
I missed the festival...but there's a Ducati track day on Monday...I camped...heated showers, really soft grass...no bugs ...really really really dark...lol

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
I go every year. I always tent camp. I get there on Thursday. Plenty is going on Thursday and everything is in full swing Friday. There is so much going on, you will want as much time there as possible, especially if you’ve never been to the museum before.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
When? Maybe this could be a new ECM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Smut peddler
1,193 Posts
This sounds like such a fun event. Problem for me is that I don't have the time to make the trek across the country. And I don't want to fly there and not have a bike. If only I could retire now, and go back to work at 65.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Do it John! You'll love it!

It's the prettiest track east of the Big Muddy...maybe in the whole United States.

And the biggest and best motorcycle museum in the world!

Reactions: redpato

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
most of the display stuff is shutting down sunday morning, so check it out friday and saturday. the racing is still going all day sunday, so you can still walk the pits then. if you don't like walking around you can hire a golf cart - that's pretty good fun. i got an onsite car park last time and with that and the tram it's pretty easy to get around. plus i'm happy to walk. or throw a fold up bike in. or a z50. it can be really hot. museum is a good break from the heat, and you can spend a shitload of time in there.

it is a beautiful location. i've been a couple of times, done the friday night dinner both times. spend the money to get access everywhere - makes it easier.

·
Flying Brit
1,825 Posts
I race at this event most years, and hoping its still on as for me its the best event in the US - agree with most by Sunday lunchtime things start slowing down and most people in the swap meet have left.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I have thought about doing this along with my trip to see Grandkids in Fayetteville AR.
Still thinking. Sounds like a good time. Have had no luck finding bike rentals there, apart from 900 pound hogs. :rolleyes:

·
Señor Member
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Early plans so far is that Evan Wilcox and I will both be going, me bringing the Norton (which had originally been his father's) and him bringing his Penton trials bike, maybe get to enter them in the show. Evan has a few friends working at Barber he wants to meet up with. I especially want to tour the museum and take a lap around the course on the Norton, if that's allowed.

Reactions: BigRed

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
Plan on dinner at Rustys. It’s the traditional dinner spot for Dukerdr and I. You never know who you will see there. We’ve seen several MotoAmerica racers there during race weekend. Last year, Schwantz was at the table next to us.

Reactions: redpato

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hmmm. I have always wanted to go visit. 171 miles (straight highway) so about 3hrs.
Gonna do some research and see how things go.

I am not sure we will be clear of all the virus crap, but thanks for the reminder to go visit on my new bike. I never made it with the last one.

Rex

·
Registered
70 Posts
I go every year. I always tent camp. I get there on Thursday. Plenty is going on Thursday and everything is in full swing Friday. There is so much going on, you will want as much time there as possible, especially if you’ve never been to the museum before.
Same here. I go with a big group from Atlanta (about 40-50 of us), setup a massive camp and enjoy Thursday-Sunday (some stragglers stay Monday, I usually cant). Its basically Woodstock for motorcycles. We have been going for years and have made "friends at camp" with people from all over the world. Sidecar races and the century are a must. Im not even a vintage guy and its a blast. One qualifier, at this point youre camping or commuting. The moment they announce the date any hotel within any reasonable distance sells out.

Im curious about the Ducati track day, wasnt aware of that. I was supposed to do the Aprilia one but that one got punted due to the virus. Its an amazing track and plan to hit it monthly once all of this BS clears. Despite the elevation changes I find it to be a friendly track because of its size, design and amazing tarmac. Its a billionaires plaything and it shows.

Reactions: t-bills

·
Registered
70 Posts
Plan on dinner at Rustys.
LOL, was chatting with the owners my last time at the track and they were saying it was basically their black Friday. If they had any troubles through the year they knew that would put them back in the black and be able to pay a bit of a christmas bonus.

Reactions: t-bills

·
Bon Vivant
11,444 Posts
Early plans so far is that Evan Wilcox and I will both be going, me bringing the Norton (which had originally been his father's) and him bringing his Penton trials bike, maybe get to enter them in the show. Evan has a few friends working at Barber he wants to meet up with. I especially want to tour the museum and take a lap around the course on the Norton, if that's allowed.
There are races during the entire show and the day after there is a track day school so Unless he gets there a few days ahead and can pull some strings I doubt you'll get the Norton out on the track. A few years ago I brought my streetfighter and did the trackday school on the monday after. it was a blast.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There is a parade lap but its by reservation and is literally a parade lap, with harleys and scooters and shit. If you can you want to do a proper track day on it, in anger.

Reactions: flynbulldog
1 - 20 of 46 Posts