Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to Barber this year? My vintage group will have our usual tent set up in swap meet area. Known as the the “Buzzard Lounge”. If anyone there, stop by and ask for Mike Predmore. We are expecting Dave Aldana and Dave Roper as guests this year. Usually have a party Saturday night with a motorcycle themed movie.

https://www.barbermuseum.org/barber-vintage-festival/

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got back and it was a hot one. Riding up, temp passed 100!

1) loaded up
2) nice Montessa
3) restomod Yammie
4) ‘57 Yamaha

Attachments

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Yes, it was seriously hot on Fri and Sat. Today was much nicer after last nights rain.

That single in the 3rd photo was here 2 weeks ago during MotoAmerica. I looked at it in the paddock area.

It started out as a Honda XR650L. It's a neat looking piece in person...

We're still here at Oak Mountain State Park, leaving in the morning.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My riding partner wanted to wait until tomorrow to leave, but I wanted to go home today. When I topped Leeds Mountain it was only 66 degrees and mist hung around the trees. Highway 25 is really special, south from Leeds. Made it all the way to Selma before it hit 80 degrees. A really great ride.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was there the whole weekend (rode in and camped Thurs-Sun). Its definitely a pilgrimage for any rider, vintage or not. I was on my Guzzi though, dont own a "ride 3 hours with 60lbs of gear on the pillion" compatible ducati.

Next year look in lot B for the "Terminus" sign. Lot of Ducati fans in there.

Now, on the other hand I WILL be taking my Ducati to barber this weekend, to play around on Monday.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was there the whole weekend (rode in and camped Thurs-Sun). Its definitely a pilgrimage for any rider, vintage or not. I was on my Guzzi though, dont own a "ride 3 hours with 60lbs of gear on the pillion" compatible ducati.

Next year look in lot B for the "Terminus" sign. Lot of Ducati fans in there.

Now, on the other hand I WILL be taking my Ducati to barber this weekend, to play around on Monday.
Will definitely look up next year. I only had about 15 lbs weight on pillion. Only problem was doing karate kick to hop on! My trip back took about 5.5 hrs of backroads pleasure. I ride with several Guzzi owners often. One owns several of which one is a Daytona.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts