Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who missed the Barber Vintage Festival Oct. 9-11 (or even if you attended), here's a link to a photographer who took some cool photos at the event -- everything from some on-board shots from the P-51s to the swap meet to, of course, the racing.

Check it out:

http://photobama.zenfolio.com/p709864327

·
Bon Vivant
11,007 Posts
For those of you who missed the Barber Vintage Festival Oct. 9-11 (or even if you attended), here's a link to a photographer who took some cool photos at the event -- everything from some on-board shots from the P-51s to the swap meet to, of course, the racing.

Check it out:

http://photobama.zenfolio.com/p709864327
Umm those would be AT6's - trainers - hardly a p51 :cool:
But to the point - amazing photos!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew as soon as I typed that it would be wrong. :eek: My knowledge of war planes can be traced directly to the movie "Tora Tora Tora" and the TV show "Black Sheep Squadron." :)

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
P-40s and F4 Corsairs

·
Bon Vivant
11,007 Posts
AT6 and corsairs had Pratt and Whitney Radial engines, the later corsairs produced 3300 BHP, P51's had a Merlin Rolls Royce V12.

The most glorious Combustion engines noises on the face of this planet! :D

·
Señor Member
8,253 Posts
Sorry for the thread jacking...

...but if you like the sound of big motors you should treat yourself to air racing in Reno, September of every year.

http://www.airrace.org/indexJS.php

"in God we trust"

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mark Henley flies the right wing position on the Aeroshell Team and is my T-6 flight instructor. He also flies my employers P-51D.:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you haven't been to the Barber Vintage Festival, you really owe it to yourself to make it there next year. If you've been to the museum or the track, you know the Barber organization does everything first class. That extends to the Vintage Festival as well. A good example is the aero show: hard to quantify if they sell any additional tickets just because the airplanes, and most tracks wouldn't part with the additional funds for something like this. But Barber takes that extra step, and it adds just one more cool thing to a long list of cool things that take place during the weekend. Standing on the third-floor observation deck on scoring/media building and looking *down* on the planes flying down the front straight is worth the price of admission. :eek:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, here's some Ducati content:

http://photobama.zenfolio.com/p191112811/h1d879a84#h3b5ceaa

That starts a series of pictures of me racing the Ducati 800SS I picked up two weeks before the event (since my 749R died). Started in the last row and finished third both days in BOT F3 and BOT F2. Bike #52 -- white bike, neon yellow/blue leathers (at 6'4", 200 lbs, I'm hard to miss . . .) :eek:

·
Registered
272 Posts
got some free tickets from Michelin and took my dad and uncle. Unfortunately since they're not big into racing I didn't get to hang out and watch the races but we did have a good time. I've got a friend thats working as a mechanic for Barber so we got the behind the scenes tour. The swap meet was pretty nice too, probably should have tried to find some carbs for my dad's XS650 though.

I've been meaning to go to the vintage weekend for a while now but always had something else going on, I'll definitely go again next year (without the family so I can actually enjoy the races lol).

·
Registered
106 Posts
I missed the vintage festival, but got to see the museum last weekend. It was absolutely amazing, one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. Definitely should be on your bucket list.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Barber is magical at any time. It is hands down the best moto museum out there if not the best motorsports museum period. The track is beautiful and looks more like a golf course. Kevin Schwantz has moved his school from Road Atlanta to Barber which makes it even more of a draw.
George Barber should be sainted.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Barber

Barber is amazing, it was my plan to hit the vintage festival this year, but Im still in Afghanistan. I will be there next year for sure.

Theseare my pics from my first visit to Barber two years ago...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Barber is a great place and the track is very nice for sure, ... the vintage days stuff is no where near the level of Mid-Ohio's Vintage Daze.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts